Chapter Thirteen

“Are you insane?”

I wince as his voice rises.

“Marcus.”

“You just decided this and what?  Everyone else is supposed to follow because his highness decided that instead of being a wolf he wants to be a vampire?”

I shrug.

I feel a shiver run down my spine as he circles around the table towards me.

“Do you have any idea of what you’re asking?”

“I already talked to Dharma and-”

“I don’t give a fuck if you talked to God himself about this!  My answer is final.”

“You can’t just decide for me.”

“I already did.”

“That’s not fair!”

“Deal with it.”

“Fuck you Marcus!  You think you have a say about what I want and the way I want my life to go?  It’s my choice to make and mine alone.”

“Really?  Then why did you feel that you needed my permission?”

“I would really like it if you agreed and maybe-” I clamp my mouth shut.

“And maybe what?”

“I wanted it to be you.”

He sighs exasperated and turns away.

“It’s just so easy for you to ask isn’t it?”

I reach out and place my hands on his shoulders.

He stiffens a little but doesn’t move away.

I recline my head against the back of his neck.

“Marcus.”  I say quietly.  “I love you.  If this is the only way that I can be with you, give myself to you.  Then I want it.”

He turns around, his hand cradles my cheek.

“Mathew.  It doesn’t have to be this way.”

“Yes.  It does.  I’ll die eventually; even if it takes me years and I grow to be one hundred.  I’ll still die because part of me will still be human.  I don’t want to lose you.  You’re the only thing that I’m sure of in my life and I don’t want it to go away.”

“You’ll never lose me.”

“Do you love me?”

“You know I do.”

“I never hear you say it.”

He inclines his head so that we’re eye to eye.

“I love you Mathew.”

I press my lips against his, afraid he might make me stop.

I feel his hand move behind my head, my hands fall from his shoulders to his waist.  He presses me close.

“I do love you.  So much.”  He whispers, his lips moving to my temple.

“Marcus, please.”  I whimper feeling like I would explode if he didn’t touch me.

“Mathew.”

His lips on my neck were driving me insane.

He sucked at my skin and then there was a brief moment of pain.

I arched in his arms with a gasp and then a torrent of pleasure flows through me.

“Please stop.  I can’t.”