Chapter One ~ Conrad

Jeremiah and I sat down on the beach chairs on the front porch waiting for them to come. Mom was sleeping so she didn't wait with us. Jeremiah was twiddling with his thumbs and humming along to the tune I was playing on my guitar.

     I just had my birthday so I'm eighteen now. No more school. All of that stupid high school football stuff down the drain. I'm not sure Jeremiah is as happy as I am that school is done. I was the type that likes to be alone and play the guitar. I guess I'm popular at school, not that it matters. But if it weren't for football, I'm not sure anybody would notice me. Once again, not that it matters. I like being alone and playing guitar. Jeremiah on the other hand...

     Jeremiah was the type of guy that loved all that high school stuff. He also played football like me. He was popular and all the girls had crushes on him. I don't really think he noticed though. He was too busy having fun. Jeremiah was always to busy having fun to be sad or get caught up in the drama.

     I was finishing the song when I heard two honks. They're here finally. What took them 3 million years? In our summer language two honks means get the bags, Stat. So we started to head down there.

     Jeremiah made a big megaphone with his hands and yelled, "Steve-o!"

     Steve jumped out of the car and made his way up to us. We met in the middle and gave each other a hug that guys do. Then Laurel, Steve's mom, came out of the car.

     "Hey boys, where's your mother?" she called out.

     "Hey, Laurel. She's taking a nap," Jeremiah called back. Our mom usually came barrelling out of the house the second they arrived here.

     Laurel came and hugged me first, which I gladly hugged back, and then she hugged Jeremiah and headed in the house.

     Then Belly came out. I glanced at her but then quickly looked away. She looked insanely, different. She just didn't look like belly. For one, she didn't have glasses anymore. She also looked like, well, a woman now. If that explains it.

     I looked over at Jeremiah who took a double-take. I used all of my strength not to laugh at him.

     Belly came over to me and hugged me first. I tried not to act different so I said "I liked you better with glasses." I whispered into her ear. She tensed up a little so I knew that stung. She shoved me away and said " Well, too bad. My contacts are here to stay."

     I smiled at her. Same old Belly. I tapped her nose and said "I think you got a few new ones."

     Before she could say anything else Jeremiah swooped her into a hug and almost lifted her into the air. I didn't exactly want to listen to them babbling so I sat down. I started to string a song quietly when I heard Jeremiah say " Something looks different about, you Belly."

     She answered almost right away, probably because I already did something on the lines of this to her.

     "What? I got contacts." she said already slightly annoyed.

     I looked up to see Jeremiah smile. "It's not that. You just look different."

     Jeremiah and I went back to the car with Belly to unload the bags and suitcases. Damn, this family packs like there moving to a new house. Well, they kind of are but only for three months, not ten years.

     We unloaded pretty quickly since there were three of unpacking. Steve already unpacked his stuff while we were talking to Belly so he was inside unpacking.

     Once we got inside Belly went straight up to her room. I sat down on the couch and thought about how she didn't look like my little sister anymore. She looked like a, real girl. Does that make any sense? I guess not. She's still Belly though. She'll always be Belly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Thank you guys for reading the first chapter of "The summer I Turned Pretty" in Conrad and Jeremiahs P.O.V. This first chapter was obviously in Conrad's point of view but chapter two will be in Jeremiah's.

     I love "The Summer I Turned Pretty" trilogy! Jenny Han is one of my favorite authors and I just love her writing!

     I hope you guys enjoy mu first story and that you keep reading! I'll try to publish a new chapter everyday. Love you, bye!