Episode 5: Part 1

Episode 5: Fishy Betrayal

*Rikki’s POV*

I turned around to see my absolute worst nightmare.

Zane.

I turn around to the control room, and turn on the engine, much to everyone’s surprise. The boat jerks and I’m steering into town until Cleo’s dad stops me. He takes the wheel and moves full speed, with Zane trying to catch up. Cleo’s dad understands why I don’t want to talk to Zane and are trying to help me. We eventually get into town, and I jump off the boat and run. After a while, I realize I have nowhere to go because Mako is not an option. I was about to run into Rikki’s until I thought better of it. I turned back around only to bump into him.

“Hey Rikki,” he says. “How’s it been?” I realize I’m trapped until I think of an idea. I fake gasp and point behind him. He falls for it and turns around to see what I was pointing at, letting me escape. I run to the nearest house that I know: Emma’s. I run over there and thrust the door open. Once I enter, I close and double-lock the door. I run up to Emma’s room, only to see Emma, Cleo and Bella already there.

“Mind if I join ya?” Cleo face turns pale in fright, as she didn’t know that I came into the room. When she saw it was me, she relaxed. I sat down on the bed and grabbed the bowl of popcorn that was on Emma’s nightstand. When I turn back to the girls, I see them looking at me with their eyebrows raised, only meaning one thing: explain.

I tell them how I had nowhere to run and ended up bumping in into Zane. Cleo’s eyes widen, begging for more information. I tell them how I dodged him. Bella giggles at my method, and I result in throwing a piece of popcorn at her.

“What? I had to get rid of him some way!” I defend myself. We talk about all the bad moments I had with Zane. Cleo is telling us a really funny story about when she made the fire hydrant explode all over him.

“That was you?!?!” I turn around to see Zane in the room, standing there like he wasn’t an interloper. He was acting as if he belonged there. We all give him a disgusted face, then run downstairs to see Emma’s mom cooking dinner.

“Mom, why is Zane in our house?” She asks, rudely, if I may add. Emma’s mother gives her a disapproving look before answering.

“Well, we haven’t seen him in forever, and he’s a good family friend of ours, remember Emma?” He mom replies in a stern voice. “Zane is going to stay with us for dinner, your friends can stay if they would like to, also” Emma turns around and looks at us with pleading eyes. She doesn’t want to stay with Zane by herself. Cleo and Bella nod their heads while I shake mine. I know that I can’t stay here with Zane without blowing a top. Plus, we never had any official closure.

Emma understands. She mouthed “It’s ok, you don’t have to explain.” She pulled out her phone and typed frantically.

From Emma

--I know you’re upset, and don’t want to be near Zane but can you please stay for moral support?

I mentally groaned, I guess I’m staying.

*Emma’s POV*

Rikki is really hating this. For a second, I feel bad for her, but then I remember that we told her not to go out with him again and she decided to still go out with him. She sat down at any random seat, then Zane sat next to her. She moved, and so did Zane. She moved once more, and Zane moved next to her, again.

“I’m sorry Emma, I can’t do this,” she said, then stormed out of the house. Zane looked like he got hit by a bus. Sucks for you Zane.

                          ***************************************************************************

We got through dinner (thank god) and Zane was about to exit, when he did the unexpected.

“Can I talk to Emma, Cleo, and Bella please?” Please GOD NO.

“Sure, I’m sure the girls have time for you,” my mom stares at me with a hard look saying You better let him talk to you or you’re grounded for a very long time. I took a long, deep sigh. I motion for Zane to come with us to my room. He grins then follows us up. When we get up to my room, I sit on the bed, but Cleo and Bella stay standing with their arms crossed. They do not look happy. They sigh impatiently, waiting for Zane to speak. Finally he begins.

“You will get Rikki back together with me,” he demands. Does he really think that we will just do that? He read our mind and continues.

“If you don’t, I’ll reveal your mermaid secret.”

Oooooooh! Cliff hanger! I’ll try updating tomorrow; I might not but I’ll try.

BTW, I'm sorry this chapter is so bad, I was trying to just make this chapter so you guys won't be waiting for me.

And, I'm really bad at making episode titles

BYE!!!!!!