Introduction

dab
/dab/
verb
1. press against (something) lightly with a piece of absorbent material in order to clean or dry it.
2. aim at or strike with a light blow.

This is the definition of "dab" that has been commonly used for centuries. However, in our current generation, a new use of the word has arisen. The action of "dabbing" or "hitting the dab" is a form of dance and a social trend that has gained popularity in the year of 2015.

 The action of "dabbing" or "hitting the dab" is a form of dance and a social trend that has gained popularity in the year of 2015

The Dab is my tribute to what I would consider one of the most phenomenal societal fads in history. It is my wish to pay homage to The Dab in the literary form, in hopes that those in the generations after us may have a glimpse into what dabbing truly was and what its affect was on our culture.

If you have any stories about The Dab or dabbing that you would like to share with me, you may reach me through a private message on Wattpad.

I plan to create a chapter called "Dab Confessions" in which I feature the stories I find most interesting.

In all sincerity, I hope that you enjoy reading this work. May "The Dab" live on forevermore in our hearts.