PROLOGUE

Large posters and mannequins covered the vicinity of the Captain America exhibit at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. Scores of people were scattered around, minding their own business as they read about the American hero of World War II.

One citizen in particular, sporting a grey hoodie and a baseball cap, ventured around as if he was looking for a specific topic in the exhibit. About ten yards away, he noticed a large picture of a very familiar looking man with a detailed caption. Walking up to it, he stuck his hands in his hoodie pockets and started to read the information.

His eyes darted from left to right ferociously as he read this information. The man quickly looked down to read the last bit of information he'd be able to get on his own, and was heavily stunned by the information he was reading.

"James Buchanan Barnes was scheduled to be married to fiancée Quinn Callahan just days after World War II ended, but unfortunately, both Barnes and Callahan were recorded KIA by Captain Steven Rogers, otherwise known as Captain America."

The man started to feel queasy when he started to read the data about Bucky Barnes' personal life. The name 'Quinn Callahan' stuck out like a sore thumb, and it made him terrified for a moment. Terrified that this was real, that he was real... he could feel himself getting light-headed.

Suddenly the man was sucked into his own personal trance, a timeline of recollection from the past being thrown into his brain, making him feel like he was going to vomit. He wanted the voices out of his head, they were whispering information about his life that he knew he had endured. Flashes of dark brown eyes and pale skin jumped through his brain and displayed themselves through the darkness of his closed eyes.

He heard feminine laughs and cries that shook him to his core, he just wanted it to end. It took all he had to not cry out in agony when splatters of blood covered his vision. 'What is happening to me?' It was all too much, but he could feel it beginning to come to a close. He almost wanted to grasp on to the beautiful memories of the girl, but there were too many horrific images still stuck in his head.

Coming back to reality, the man unexpectedly fell forward but caught himself on the sturdy podium. Breathing heavily and staring down at the paper holding that name, Bucky Barnes could only mutter one thing.

"Quinn,"

ΔΔΔ