Restless Nights

Detective Warner turned in his bed. He kept his eyes closed, but he just could not fall asleep. Two people had been killed already and they still did not have a clue who the killer was. The detective felt overwhelmingly guilty. The case that could save his business was... unsolvable. Unsolvable? Detective Warner, elite officer in the Police, until he got fired for defying orders, could not solve a case? He turned and looked at his alarm clock on the bedside table. 3:55 a.m. He groaned and buried his head in his pillow. The only thing he could hear were the cicadas. He still could not go to sleep. "Feels like something's going to happen...", he thought.

A gunshot rang through the air. He heard hurried footsteps on the floor of the apartment above his. Detective Warner sprang out of bed, grabbed his pistol, and ran out of the door. He noticed a figure get into a car and drive off. There was silence. He ran upstairs. "Mr and Mrs Dexter?" There was no reply. The door was left ajar. The detective slowly opened the door, pistol ready in his hand. "Looks like someone else had a restless night."

Two bodies lay on the floor. Mr and Mrs Dexter. Both with gunshot wounds in their torso. In red paint, there were two numbers on the floor. 9 and 3. But there was something else. Scribbled on the floor, there were some words. "Revenge is almost mine" Detective Warner took out his cell phone. "Bobby, the killer struck again."

The words stuck in his head. "Revenge is almost mine" Almost... That means...