4) What is this mess

I slowly begin to pick up papers from the floor, putting it in a neat pile on Scott's chair.

"Oh, uh, Thanks" Scott says awkwardly, I sigh and nod in reply and he tilts his head slightly before going back to fixing, the awkward atmosphere of the room growing.

"So... Why do you always wear flower crowns?" He asks and I tense, shaking my head slightly before shakily beginning to speak.

"Well, My-My mom- well, before she died she taught me how to-to make flower crowns and told me it would protect me from other people's-people's judgement so hurtful words won't go to-to my head" I explain softly. Not daring to look up as I finish my explanation and continue fixing his mess of a room.

"That's so smart and sweet" Scott says softly and I look up, surprised, "Really?" I ask almost shyly and he nods "Yup! That's a very sweet thing to do for you and for your mom Isaac" He says and I feel a small drip of pride in my chest.

"Thank you" I say as I continue to clean.

"No problem" He replies, stretching out on his bed. 

I awkwardly set my stuff down beside his bed and look around, his room wasn't anything special, very normal and comfortable, his walls were painted a light blue and his floor a dark blue, very nice.

"Oh, Sorry, You take the bed" He says, quickly standing up and I shake my head "No, No that's alright, it's your room after all" I say and he frowns "But you're our guest" He argues and I sigh slightly, knowing that he was just trying to be hospitable "Don't worry, It's nothing I haven't done before" I smile, trying tot hide the pain behind my eyes. I see his frown deepen as he slowly nods "Okay... But if you want to switch, tell me, alright?" He says and I nod "I will"

- The following Morning-

I feel a sharp pain at my side which causes me to yelp and my eyes to fly open, my arms automatically flying up to protect my self.

"Oh sh*t! Sorry! I forgot you were there!!" Scott quickly says and I lower my hands to look up at him "Oh, That's okay" I cough slightly, smiling at him reasurringly before standing up and stretching, my shirt riding up slightly, I see Scott staring, his eyes wide and I quickly drop my arms, cursing at myself, knowing that I've made him feel uncomfortable "I'm sorry" I say quickly and he blinks, grinning up at me "Oh that's okay" He says and stands up as well, stretching.

I widen my eyes as his shirt rides up, exposing his abs and his v and hair line, I gulp slightly and quickly turn my eyes away, scolding myself before clearing my throat "I guess we should start getting ready?" I say slowly and Scott shrugs "I don't take a bath in the morning, just at night and after practice" He says and I nod "Oh..." I say and He nods awkwardly, the room once again filled with awkward tension. "So, I guess you're going to be hanging out with Stiles and I at school huh?" He says, breaking the silence. 

I stare at him wide eyed, "I don't- I didn't- Uhm... Am I allowed to?" I ask slowly and he tilts his head cutely "What do you mean?" He asks "I mean, is Stiles allowing me to hang out with you? I don't think Stiles would really like that?" I say slowly, unsure, Scott laughs and shakes his head "Don't worry, Stiles doesn't mind" He says, slapping my shoulder lightly "Well c'mon buddy, Let's get to school"