Chapter 11

Troyes POV

I walked around the corner and saw Connor, he was being beat up by her dad. I couldn't believe it.

I watched in horror... I couldn't do anything... Her dad was much bigger, he must be a rugby player.

I couldn't watch anymore, I turned around and ran to the hill, the hill with the beach below. As I was running there I heard footsteps following me. Only as I got the the edge of the hill I turned around to see who was chasing me.

"Hey Tro."

It was Connor.

"Oh my god, Connah... You have cuts all over your face." I said. His dad died, why did he need this?

"Tro," he didn't say anything else before once again pulling me in for a hug. It turned into a huge embrace and from there I did what I was hoping to do for a while. I turned to him and I kissed him.

It got heated and my hands were running through his hair.

We decided we should stay there for the night, because first of all, it is so damn pretty and second, we didn't want to leave each other.

"Con? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" I asked. Hopefully he wanted to be with me.

"Um the thing is Troye, I don't see myself anywhere in 10 years..." He said, he sounded sad.

"Um ok, I see myself with you, with a dog, and 10 cats and then with me and you busy making music."

"Yeh, Troye your music is amazing by the way!"

"Thanks." I said and gave him a short, sweet kiss.

I watched as the sun started to sink below the ocean waves. The way the sun rays came through them was truly beautiful. I looked over at Connor who was also looking at the sight. He looked so interested, his eyes sparkled.

Speaking of his eyes, they were some of the most beautiful he had ever seen. They looked like they had forests in them. They shined like emeralds...

What was he thinking?

"Condabon? What are you thinking about?"

"Um nothing, just some plans I have to do sometime..." He said still sounding sad.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Tro, my life is so hard at the moment, my dad just died.. And I-I don't know w-what to do..."  I saw a single tear roll down his cheek.

I don't know why he's so sad, it was his father I know that, but he agreed his father!

"Hey we should sleep or something just to like pass the time, in the morning-"

"We should run away, together!" He interrupted me.

"What-? No! Connah we can't run away!"

"Oh..." He said sadness taking over him again.

"Yeh, anyways we should go to sleep. If we wake up early we can see how beautiful the sea will look with the stars reflecting over it, goodnight Connah..."

"Goodnight Troye, hey listen-" he said, I quickly looked back at him. "This might not be the best, or the right time to say this, but I love you, and I'm going to miss you."

"What do you mean miss me? Where are you going?"

"Goodnight Tro, see you in the morning." He said, why is he being so secretive?

"Um goodnight Con.. I love you too.." I saw a sad smile take over his face when I said the last words.

I woke up, there was a noise, I looked up to see Connor standing by the edge of the cliff looking at the water, it must've been very early because the stars were out.

I heard him muttering to himself-

"This is so beautiful... I'm gonna miss this, and Troye... I will wait a bit, maybe until dawn..."

I didn't know what he meant but at that moment I noticed the sun started rising from the opposite end of the earth. Wow...

I saw Connor walk closer to the edge, was he crazy?!

"Connah, what are you doing?" I asked running up to him. "You're gonna fall!"

"Troye! What if that's what I want?! What if that's the only way out?! I just want to leave! Please let me! Please don't be sad... This is not because of you... I just can't bear the fact of living here anymore, I was gonna run away but I would've needed you to keep me company, I want you to achieve your goals in music, that's why I chose this..." Connor said taking one more step, so that now he was at the very edge.

"Connor please..." I said starting to tear up more.

He took my face in his hands and wiped the tears that had fallen.

"Tro, please don't be sad. You're gonna find love, just not with me anymore.. I have to do this.." He said looking down.

"Connor no... If you go, then so does my heart!"

"No," he said taking my hand in his. "I go alone."

And with that he let go of my hand and fell backwards. Everything went mute. I saw him close his eyes as he fell. I was screaming but I couldn't hear myself doing that. At that moment I felt a pair of arms grabs me from behind and noticed a tall figure with dark brown hair pull me backwards.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!! CONNOR!"

"TROYE DONT GO THERE!" He shouted.

I ignored him and ran to the edge and looked down. I saw Connor lying on his back, lifeless. It was over.