Chaper two

CHAPTER TWO

When the plane lands, I am shaken awake by my little brother. "Come on Bey the man said its time to get off the plane"

I get up and grab my bag and walk to the door. As we get off I see my grandparents standing next to the car telling the man with our bags where to put them. My grandmother looks up and opens her arms as I run into them. "Oh how I have missed you my dear," she says, "you got so big within the last couple years"

"I think I am the same size that I was. But whatever helps you sleep at night," I say as I squeeze her. My grandmother is probably one of the most important people in my life. She was the only caring adult figure I've ever had in my life. She didn't try to make me become someone I don't want to, she only wanted to see me be happy. I walked over to my grandfather and gave him a hug. "Hey gramps how's it going?"

"I'm good little girl, the best question is how are you? I can't imagine this is easy for you, Carter just thinks this is a super long vacation doesn't he?" He asked in a hushed tone so cater can't here him.

I sigh deeply "yeah he does and I'm fine it's not like I'm not used to it by now, it's just that he's getting older and eventually he's gonna start noticing that 'mommy' and 'daddy' don't particularly want us around. But who has the heart to tell that to a kid his age? I sure don't."

"No one does sweetheart, not even your parents obviously." Grams answers trying to comfort me. "Come on kiddo lets go home.".

—————————————————

Once we got to the house our first priority was unpacking. For the first time ever I didn't have somebody wanting to do it for me. No servants, no nothing, just me. I heard the pitter patter of little feet running down the hallway. "Hi Lucus!" I say as I crouched down in the middle of the hallway. My mom is allergenic to dogs so I've never had one. Lucas was my grandmothers present to me when I was around Carters age. Though I only got to see him when my grandmother should come visit and my mom was on a trip.

"Hey, Bay have you finished unpacking? I would like you and Carter to go get some things for dinner tonight," my grams called

"I'm done but I don't kn-" I hesitated

"I'll let you take the car" she said

"Sold!," I yelled "Carter get your shoes on bud were gonna go to the store"

"Okay I'm coming," he says with excitement "Ohh can we get some ice cream, please, please! Bay"

"Yeah I guess," I hesitate knowing how he is with sugar, " but only if you come on!" We walk out to the car and begin our trip to the store. I have a list form my grandma telling me everything she needed, as I drive I turn on the radio and quietly sing along to the old song playing I kind of have a thing for the old style of music, Billy Joel is probably my favorite, something about it makes me feel good inside.

I park the car and get out telling Carter to get out as well. He runs to my side of the car and grabs my hand. We walk in list in hand and grab a buggy. "Alright bud we are gonna do this quick okay?"

He nods in response.
—————————————————
London's pov

I was walking through the store going straight for the ice cream. My little sister is sick again and the only thing that seems to make her feel better is mint chocolate chip. As I walk up the the freezer I see a little figure standing in front of it. "Hey what are you doing her all alone? Where's your mom?"

The little boy looks up at me and replies "She's not here, she doesn't like us very much. That's why she sent us here"

I look down at him curious as to what he meant, "I'm sure your mom loves you, you want help finding her she's probably worried?"