2

Rarity flinched as they heard another loud explosion from outside, shaking dust loose from the rafters.

"Is-do you think that's Celestia? Come to save us?" Sweetie asked.

"I don't know, Darling, but I hope so," Rarity said.

They had gathered the remaining unfrozen ponies near the prison and were trying to free the dolls trapped inside of it. Sprocket as the most mechanically inclined of the lot was trying to pick the lock with a few bent pins.

"We have to get out of here!" Vinyl yelled. "Whatever is going on, it's our best chance to escape!"

"The tunnel isn't finished," Octavia said. "We were close, but there are least four feet to go."

Another loud noise from outside shook dirt loose from the ceiling. "Got it!" Sprocket yelled. He had picked the lock to the prison and managed to get the trapped ponies out.

"About time," Dash whined. She crawled out of the lockbox and began biting at the rubber bands around her wings. "Sounds like Scootaloo made it!"

All the ponies gathered began to cheer. The door to the basement swung open, and a brilliant wave of lavender magic washed over the room. Large runes etched into the wall began to activate.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Vinyl said.