five » diane

Next Day...

     My eyes fluttered open. I let out a groan. There was knocking downstairs. Ugh! I got up from my bed. I looked at myself in the mirror. I put my hair in a messy bun. Before you know it I was at the front door. I opened the door. "What?!" I snapped. There stood One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer. How does that even happen?! I scanned over them. Michael and I locked eyes. I quickly snapped out of it before the rest noticed. 

     "May I help you?" I asked. I wanted to snap at them but I couldnt't. 

     "Um, well you see, u-" Liam started. 

     I gave him a confused face. Then I looked at my clothes. I was just in an oversized sweater. It was the one Calum gave us for our ten year friend anniversary. I had no pants on. I just shrugged. "If you don't need anything then please don't bother me," I said. 

     I closed the door but someone's foot stopped it from closing. I groaned. I reopened the door again. It was Michael. "Yes?" I said through gritted teeth, 

     "We are so sorry for bothering you but our tour bus broke down and we were wondering if we can stay over here for a bit until our tour bus gets fixed?" Michael pleaded. He has dyed his hair pink since the last time I saw him. I let out a sigh. I am going to regret this. 

     "Go get your stuff," I said. They all cheered. The rest of the boys went to get their stuff except Luke. I gave him a confused face. "Yes?"

     "Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked. 

     "I don't think we ever did. I think last night we say each other but that is the only time I saw you," I lied. 

     "What did you say your name was again?"

     "Alex," I lied. It pains me to lie to Luke. He is so adorable and he is so cute. But I only see him as friend, nothing more.  He just shrugged it off. Then he went over to the bus with the boys getting his stuff. I left the door open so they can come in. I went to the kitchen and there was note on the counter. I picked it up. 

     'Good morning,

      I didn't want to wake you up because you look to peaceful. I got a call last night during the concert that my parents need me back home for a family reunion. So you have the place for a month. I'm going to miss you. Skype, text, and call me. Keep me updated on things. ^_^

     Love you,

     Chloe'

     I let out a sigh. Great! I am stuck with these morons. All the boys were in the kitchen now with all their stuff. "How long until your bus gets fixed?" I asked. 

     "About three days the maximum," Calum smiled.

     My heart fluttered. I just ignored it and looked at them. "We have four bedrooms. So I don't know how you want to arrange yourself. My roommate isn't going to be here for a month so you can use her room. But be careful of the horror you are going to see," I warned. Then I left them alone an went up to my room. I know it seems rude but I changed. They can't do anything about it. 

      They were all mumbling something. I just ignored them. I got my head phones and put it on. I played "Time Bomb" by All Time Low. Then I got my electric guitar. I started to play along. I didn't care if the others heard me. This is my place and I can do whatever I want. The boys just have to deal with it. I also started to sing along. Adding a guitar solo. The song finally finished. I took off my head phones and put the guitar back on its stand. 

     My sixth sense kicked in. i turned around and there stood Luke. "May I help you?" I asked. He had that adorable smile on his face. He closed the door behind him. He examined my room and my guitar. Then it clicked in my head. The guitar was the guitar he first gave me and the posters in my room are the same as the others. As long as he doesn't turn the guitar around then I am good. The reason why I don't want him to is because he wrote a message there. 

     He took the guitar in his hand. My palms were sweating. Please don't turn it around. Please don't turn it around. Just my luck he turned it around. He saw the message. "Diane," he whispered. 

     Then I was tackled into a hug. "I missed you so much my little penguin," he mumbled in my hair. I pushed him off of me. He had a confused face. "Don't touch me!" I snapped. 

     He flinched. "But I missed my little penguin," he said. 

     "Don't call me that. You lost that right to call me that when you never called, text, or Skyped," I said. 

     He looked sad. I wanted to pull him into a hug but I couldn't I can not give in. They forgot about me and I moved on from our friendship. It was silent for a while. "Why are you lying about your name?" Luke asked. 

     "I don't want anyone to know who I am. Especially Calum. So you better keep your mouth shut or the things I will do to you once it slips your mouth," I threatened. I didn't mean it. But I can't have Calum finding out who I am because if he does, all the hard work of me trying to move on from him will go down the drain. 

     "Where is that loving loving penguin? What happened to her?" Luke shook his head. He walked over to the door. His hand was at the door knob. He gave me one last look and left the room.

     Her best friends and her love of her life left her, that's what happened.