Chapter 2

My bike looked so small in comparison to the big black gates in front of me. That's right, I compared my bike to a gate!

'Can I help you?' a voice came through the intercom, frightening me.

'Yeah, um, never mind.' I responded awkwardly.

Ummm. Okay then. Now how do I do this. Oh Right, I have her number. Dialing the number she sent me the text from, I waited after two rings and heard her pick up.

'Hello?' 

'Um, Hi. I'm at your gate?' why did that come out as a question?

'May I ask who this is.' her voice slightly icy. I guess she's expecting me to be some weird stalker at her door to see that son of her's. I still don't know who he is. 

'Sabrina?' Then I heard a squeal. 

'OMG! I am so sorry!' Her cheery voice was enough to last for Christmas for three years, 'I'l let you in. Hold on.' she shuffled some thing, 'Eric! Go greet Sabrina at the door! Mr. Doeting! open the gates for her and stop asking questions! Sorry about that Sabrina. My hands are sort of busy. I'll get Eric to show you to my office. See you then.' I could hear the smile in her voice. I shut my phone closed and stuffed it into my back pocket.

The gates groaned in protest as the machines on them whirled away and opened the metal anyways. The gravel under my feet crunched as I pushed my bike up the drive way which half way turned to perfectly smooth black tar. As soon as I got to the door, it opened to a very blank stoic face. 

'Hi!' I greeted trying to start over from last time although I had no idea what I did. He grunted. and turned on his heel and started to walk away. In an attempt to follow where he was going I leaned my bike on the side which was immediately swooped away by a maid. Okay then... I rushed after the stubborn boy nearly tripping over my converses in the process. 'Nearly', only because the stubborn boy caught me in time before my face even face planted into the porcelain floors. How these floors are still intact I have no idea with all those heels clacking against them when they have a party. 

I felt shocks running though my arm as he held it and felt empty when hetook has hand away from my arm as if he had been burned by hot cast iron and turned away looking disgusted. Geez, again, way to be subtle. I shrugged off the feeling from earlier and I followed him until we came up to a big mahogany door. I looked at it as much as I could in detail before I was pushed through the door by him. Again sending jolts though my body. erk, pushing me into the room like I'm some sort of rag doll. I stuck my tongue out at him, yeah, I'm super mature, and turned and faced the person who was responsible for me being here.  I let out a sigh when I saw Mrs. Cl- I mean Amy. 

'Hi Mrs. Cl- I mean Amy.' see I make the mistake in my head AND when I'm speaking, 'How long will I be babysitting for?' 

'Just until-' the phone rang, stopping her from telling me how long, 'Yes. Oh My. Three weeks? I have to- I'm going to have to leave a maid though. Yes. I understand. I'll get the plane tickets now.' Wait, she just said three weeks. 'Um, slight change of plans. Can you stay for three weeks, probably four?' she gave me a weak smile.

'A month?! Amy! I have to go to class and all and-' I started to panic which was stopped when she gave me an easy smile.

'Don't worry, I'll get all the details sorted out by your parents.' Too bad I don't have any...

'If anything, i'll get Eric to drop you and Jason off and pick you both up.' she continued and looked at me for approval.

'I guess so then. I'll have to go home later-' she interuppted me again. 

'No worries.' she waved her hand, 'I'll get you a credit card and you can just spend the money from their. All the money you need plus more will be one their.' 

'Um okay. Sure.' 

Now I really don't know what I'm getting myself into.