Crack

Cop walks in and sits a paper stack on the table.

"Latimore.. "

He sits down and drinks out of his mug of coffee.

"Kim is it?"

Mrs. Latimore runs her hands up to her forehead.

"I just don't know why I'm here." She exhaled.

"That's what they all say." He responded.

"That's what who says?" She looks up from the table and tucks her curly hair behind her ear.

"Them." The cop said. "They all say it. The drug dealers.. The drug addicts.. The rapist.. The murderers . " He made direct eye contact with her.

"I'm not any of those."

"I didn't say you were". He smiled at her. "You see this file?" He positioned his body on the table more.

Mrs. Latimore looked at it.

"It has everything about you. Your age, your blood type, your parents, your friends, your address... You name it, I got it." He continued to speak. "I have your phone record. I know your occupation. I know ethnicity, and that's why your hair is so curly. I know that you drive a coupe BMW, navy blue, stock rims, rag top, convertible. I know the model and the make year.. I know your weight, your height, your dental surgeries, and your orientation."

"Okay.."

"And that's not all. " He sipped out of his mug.

Mrs. Latimore didn't respond.

"Now Kim.. Now that you know I know everything, how a bout you tell me why you think your're here."

"I don't know why I'm here." She groaned out.

"Really? Cause your friend in the other room told me everything."

"What'd she tell you!" Mrs. Latimore became alert.

"Nah uh uh..." That's our little secret.

"It's a lie whatever she said." Kim turned her head to face the wall.

The officer left the room and came back with a small TV that rolled.

"Let's open your file, shall we? You work at Central High.. I don't see why there considering you went to Yale. You're currently a Math teacher and Math Tudor."

"Consular." She corrected him in a stern voice.

He stared at her with disgust before sipping his coffee again. "Your parents are immigrants. Spanish, Negro and Italian."

"Excuse me?"

"What?"

"Negro?" She coughed.

"Black.. Whatever." He said annoyed. "You're bi-sexual?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"It wasn't a question. I have has some lesbo friends." He laughed and said.

"Lesbian is the term." She corrected his ignorance once more.

He stopped laughing. "Her name was Jones."

"That's nice." She said nonchalantly.

"Lets look at your phone record." He analyzed the papers slowly. "I see you don't talk much."

"I'm a very private person."

"This is my favorite part about being a cop. " He smirked. "I love the investigation. I love the interrogation. I love seeing the person crack under pressure. I love every part of it ."