Ch.15 Enough

Kiel stares for what felt like an eternity into Lola's eyes. The words refused to soak into his mind. It was as if life decided he hadn't had enough and gave him a reach around once more.

Clenching his fist so hard his palm begins to ache and tear under his nails, he asks, "What do you mean Lenny's?"

Sobbing Lola cries, "I wanted to tell you but I couldn't! He visits me all the time and forces himself on me. It's not like I asked for it! Oh God I feel so sick I hate him! I hate him so much!". Lola rubs her stomach and turns sideways throwing up once more.

The doors to the front swing open as Lenny walks in tugging on his belt. "What in the hell is going on here? Our food not good enough for ya? Clean that shit up before I mop it with that rat's nest you call hair."

Kiel stands up as Lola grabs his wrist, "Please don't babe."

Lenny raises an eyebrow and chuckles, "Well I'll be dipped in shit! You two are a couple huh? That why y'all spend so much time at the table is that right?"

The whole room is in silence as Lenny walks across the room, a smug look of satisfaction on his face.

"So your boyfriend here is Kiel. I see you trying to stand up boy when I walked in boy. You got a problem there?"

Lola tightens her grip around his wrist whispering, "Please just sit down. Don't.."

Kiel pulls his wrist away and points a finger at Lenny, "Yeah I got a problem! You raped her! What kind of man are you? Huh? You sick fuck who does that?!"

Lenny chuckles, "Oh is that what's steaming your brain? Is that all? Hell boy I tell you what, she damn near begged me for it. I just got her warmed up for you. She loves her some Lenny don't let her fool you."

Kiel jumps the table and dives hitting Lenny in his ribs with his head. They fall back as Lenny begins to punch Kiel on his back with his right fist. His left hand wraps around Kiel's neck.

"Stop it! Lenny let him go please!", Lola cries. The individuals begin to scream and act out. One begins to pound on the kitchen door as others begin to yell at each other covering their ears or eyes.

Kiel pulls back getting loose and reaches up swinging left and right, all his anger being released punch by punch. Lenny's face begins to swell and grow wet with blood.

Lenny crosses his arms shielding his face and kicks Kiel's left foot out from underneath him. Kiel hits the floor as Lenny takes advantage and rolls on top of him wrapping his arm around his throat. Kiel claws at his arms but Lenny arches back applying more pressure.

"Lenny stop this now!", Lola screams. She runs over and kicks Lenny in the side of his head knocking him loose. Kiel inhales broken spouts of air and begins to cough roughly. Lola drops down grabbing him. Lenny rubs his head and looks over at Lola with fire in his eyes when all of a sudden the door to the lobby opens.

An older man slowly walks in, well dressed with brown slacks and a checkered vest over a white button up shirt. He takes his glasses off rubbing them with a small piece of cloth.

The room was so silent you could hear a mouse pissing on a ball of cotton. The only sound Lola could hear was her heartbeat getting louder pounding her ear drums. She had never seen this man before. Which meant only one thing.

"Son what the hell is going on here?", the man asks.

Lenny picks himself up and says, "Hey dad, these two shitheads here think they run this place is what's wrong."

"Dad?", Kiel asks without thinking.

The older man focuses on Kiel and responds, "Dr. Arbatian to you boy."