Who did i lose?

Cara's POV:
"What?"my mouth fell open and the spoon fell out of my grip,onto the floor,"you're going with..?"
"Jazz. Yeah," Cedric picks up the spoon and tosses it in the kitchen sink.
"But-but," I splutter,my heart hammering, "you cannot,okay. You promised,no dating friends!"
Cedric starts opening cabinets and poking in shelves. "She isn't your friend," he says simply.
My heart drops so suddenly,i feel my chest constrict. I stare at him silently, my lip starting to tremble.
He looks around and sees my pale face. "Hey," he comes and sits beside me on the kitchen table, "happens. You lose friends. You don't have to look so horrified."
I nod dumbly.
"Look, I'm going with her anyways Caz. I'm sorry, but..."he puts an arm around me.
Without looking at him, I remove his arm and walk out.

My lip trembles at the sight of people laughing at me, my hair, my shyness, my clothes.
"You're such a disappointment to your family,Cara!"
"Loser alert."
"Look at her hair!"
"She's so ugly, it's sad."
"I can't believe she's from the same family as Ced and Cal."
I don't raise my eyes in fear of the cold eyes and will myself to walk faster so I don't burst in tears in front of the crowd.
"Hey Caz!" I hear someone and everybody gasps. Jazz Wilson is grinning at me, running from the bathroom to where I stand.
"Is there a problem?"she looks around confusedly at everyone.
"Yes," Tom, the biggest bully in our year steps up, "this girl is a loser. Anyone talking to her is a loser too."
"She's my friend," Jaz says simply, taking my hand, "buzz off, Tom."
At her words,the crowd disperses as I look in awe at Jaz. She- she- she saved me.
"Thank you,Jaz," I whisper, my eyes wide.
"What are friends for?" She grins back, putting an arm around me.

My eyes shoot open and I sit up, gasping.
I lost her.
I lost my best friend.