Chapter One: The Battle.

The destruction was unbearable. I shrank back from the battle; screams and growls shot throughout the clearing. Again, I felt the burning inside myself...

---Flashback---

"Stop, please.."  His blood red eyes peered into mine before swiftly, his lowered his mouth to my wrist. "This will only hurt for a mintue... then you'll be like us.." His laughter rang loud and clear, and once his pale, ice cold finger traced my burning wrist before leaving me, writhing in pain, in the streets.

---End flashback---

I gripped my stone cold wrist in a death grip. I shut my eyes, still feeling the pain coursing through my veins. I had been changed against my will. I never wanted this life, immortal life, but he had taken my, and turned me into a monster. My blood red eyes stared at the on going battle. I have to get away, I have to!! I screamed inside my mind. I quickly jerked my curly, brown hair into a loose bun before sinking further behind the tree.

I'd been dreading this day. Riley, my life-taker, had told us we would be battling another coven of vampires, the Cullens. I ran his words over in my brain, the day a few weeks back: "Do not underestimate them. They'll trick you, turn you against one another. But don't fall for it, keep strong." But as I stared ahead, I felt more boxed in. More.. controlled. I had to get out, now!

I backed away, backing away from the danger and life I never wanted, until I heard a voice behind me. "Excuse me..." I gasped lightly and jumped to see a woman standing behind me. She had dark brown hair, and.. golden eyes, like liquid honey.. a Cullen. She stared at me with intent eyes. "Carlisle.." She spoke in a soft voice, like she was afraid someone'd hear her. I shrank back, afraid, until I saw him.. He had beautiful blonde hair and the same golden-honey eyes, he was a Cullen as well. He had on a black jacket that hung open over a blue button up shirt, dark jeans and shoes. "What's wrong Esme..?" But as he reached her, his eyes darted from her to mine. "Please.. I'm sorry.." I began to shake. They'd kill me, I knew it..

"What's your name..?" It was the lady, Esme who spoke. I looked at Carlisle out of the corner of my eye, he was staring intently at me. "G-Grace..." I stammered. "Please, I never mean't to hurt anyone, I never wanted to be this..." I spoke in a rush, the words tumbling from my mouth. "Of course you don't. No one should.." I gasped slightly as Carlisle spoke. He spoke in a low, melodic voice, making me shiver. He stepped forward and looked into my eyes. "I know what you've been through. I know, how hard the newborn stage is.. But, please, we can help you.. Just trust me.."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Alright guys! What ya think?? Comment and vote!!(: -A.