three

July 6, 2013

"Whoa." I gasped as I read the letter over and over again. I jumped off my couch and ran towards my kitchen.

I overheard my mothers conversation with Mrs.Rodriguez, "Rosa, if we're being honest, I don't think home school is the best way for Maria. At least try putting her in Matthews school-"

"Mom!" I interrupted her. "Look at the letter I got."'

She rolled her eyes, "Matthew, not now."

My shoulders slumped with disappointment. "Fine. I'll just go tell dad."

I ran to the small closet that contained all the shoes and put on my old red vans. I grabbed the keys to the car and walked out of the small apartment.

My eyes looked down as I texted my dad that I was on my way. I bumped into somebody and almost fell down. "Watch where you're going." I said without realizing that it was Maria.

"I'm sorry, Matthew. I was just going to your house." I look up to see her face.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "It's whatever." I continued walking and went downstairs to the main lobby.

"Hi Matthew! Are you going somewhere?" The young front desk lady asked.

"My dads." I answered bluntly. She smiled and nodded. I exited the building and went to the parking garage where my moms car was parked close.

I got in and started the car and turning on the air conditioning. It's currently ninety-seven degrees in Virginia.

The fifteen minute drive consisted of irritatingly long red lights, overly-annoying slow walkers, and just stupid clumsy people dropping there stuff in the middle of the crosswalk, taking more time to walk than it should take the average human.

I finally arrived at my dads small townhouse. I parked the car and made my way to the front door.

The door opened and I saw my dad standing there with a smile plastered on his face. I smiled back as
I reached him. "Hi dad."'I gave him a hug.

"Hey Matthew. How have you been?" He asked as we both made our way inside.

I sat on the couch and made myself comfortable. "Better than ever actually." I felt my dad walk behind me.

"And why is that?" He questioned. I held the letter out between my two fingers so my father could take it. I waited a few moments to get a reaction. "Oh my gosh, Matthew, I'm so proud of you!" I stood up and smiled.

"Thanks dad." He gave me a hug.

"So this starts in September?" He asked. I nodded. "Well, this probably beats the birthday present I was going to give you." I laughed at his seriousness. "In honor of this amazing news, I am going to make you my signature macaroni and cheese." My dad patted my shoulder and walked to the kitchen to get lunch started.

I sat back on the couch and read over the letter once again.

'To Matthew L Espinosa
From Bart Bordelon and Co.

Hello and good day! We have searched throughout the Internet constantly to find that you have what we are looking for. You have either the voice, the humor, the looks, or all of the above that the search was meant to have. You and multiple others have the option to either accept or deny this request. With all of that said, we are offering you the opportunity of a lifetime that may start of your career. Would you like to join the Magcon family?

If so, please return this letter with the correct information to receive more on the subject.'