introduction

What you need to know about the story before reading:

///

It's set about six months after the events of Age of Ultron and a fair amount of time before Civil War.
*
All events that took place in the previous movies are set in stone. Nothing from the past will change.
*
Since the events of Captain America: the Winter Soldier Bucky has fled to Bucharest (which is in Romania) and is currently residing in his little apartment as seen in the beginning of Civil War.
*
He doesn't remember most of his past, and the parts he does come from Hydra files he discovered on the Internet after Natasha Romanoff released them to the public.
*
Since his memories are vague and he's still discovering who he was I've decided that he'll go by James for now, as in James Buchanan Barnes, his birth name. This is purely because he would've found his name in an old dusty file and sadly wouldn't have remembered Steve's special nickname for him - but maybe that'll change throughout the course of the book ;-)
*
This book is mainly just a series of events that occur between AOU and CACW, so overall it won't affect the plot of the two movies. It will show relationships between characters, however, that may not be clearly shown in the films. This is both romantically and friendship-wise.
*
Also, this fic will mostly be from Bucky's POV. Maybe I'll do a few with Wanda, but we'll see how it goes.
*
Okay, one last thing. In an attempt to make this more like an actual novel in an attempt to improve my writing skills, I've laid it out so that it's separated in parts. The names of the chapters are also songs that relate to the content in the chapter, so you're welcome to go and listen to them while or after reading it.

///

I hope you enjoy the book!

- iliveandbreathwords