the traffic getting to Chloe's house was insane. Why couldn't the world just stay indoors the first day of summer. I mean its not like the sun was going anywhere!

I hopped out of the cab and walked the two blocks to Chloe's and bought some rocky road and chunky monkey on my way there. 

I was sure she would need it.

Just as i rounded the corner, i had this funny feeling in my ears, i could hear my heartbeat.

Everything move a whole lot slower and as a little bumble bee flew past me, i could see its wings flutter as it flew by.

Then it all went white.

I was laying down. That much i could tell. And there was this glorious scent surrounding me. Like a waft of lilies in the night. Only stronger and if i could taste I'm sure it would have been something cosmic all together.

I opened my eyes and i was in a field. A meadow more like it. Like one of those in cartoons where the lovebirds are re-united and they do the whole slow motion run towards each other.

I looked around me and there were flowers in every color possible. And in the distance i could see little bees, their wing beats in perfect harmony, like an orchestra of little yellow and black moving to one rhythm.

In the distance i saw a white figure, there was like a white light surrounding them. With each step they took, i felt the air around me hum. I was wrong when i thought that my senses couldn't possibly be heightened farther than they already were. It was like i could feel a distant heartbeat beneath my feet, like the soil, the flowers, the earth itself was alive. 

The scent from the flowers was stronger. Intoxicating. It was like i had one too many mohitos at the club near my place, there was a buzz. But it felt wrong to call it a high, it was a good buzz, better than alcohol and it felt, cleaner somehow.

I was snapped back to my senses by the voice of a woman. 

' name child. I have been waiting for this moment for the last six millenia'

i was stunned by her beauty. Her blonde hair was almost the color of the sun, but just perfect enough that it looked amazing with her olive skin and her eyes! It was something out of a movie. 

They seemed not to be one color. Each time i blinked they were different. Brown, green,grey,violet,silver it was endless.

' Apollo thought that too. He especially admired my hair, he said it looked like the purest gold tempered by the fire of hades'

snapping me back into reality. That voice was familiar. 

But before i could ask, she continued

' we don't have much time, the portal i opened will only last so long before your stay here alters a great event in the real world. My name is Cassandra, like you. Only older. I've lived three thousand years, and I've been waiting for you for three millenniums. My namesake, the one who will alter the course of history, and shake Olympus itself. 

You are my direct ancestor,your lineage can be traced back thousands of years to me, Cassandra, daughter to the king of Troy in the times of magic, gods and most of all, curses that trace themselves to the present day. 

You carry in you my blood,you carry my name, and sadly you carry my curse.'

'wait wait wait! Slow down a sec here! My brain is on the verge of explosion I-'

she cut me off 'child i don't have time , listen! 

In my time, i was the finest in the land,in body, fame and wealth.