Bruises Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

RyderPOV

It’s been a month since the accident and Finn’s death, and everything is slowly returning to normal, if you don’t count Rachel’s continuous sobbing and all of our broken hearts. The only thing different about today is my plans.

“Is everything ready?” I ask the teenager in front of me. Marley is supposed to be walking into the school any minute now, and if someone misses their queue, everything will be ruined.

“Sam and Rachel are waiting at her old locker, Stephan and Mary- Kate are on the football field and then are running to the bathroom, Sophi and Kenny should be getting into place near your old locker, and I’m going to meet Matt back stage of the auditorium.” Lily tells me, the petite, brunette soprano is Marley’s right hand helper in the glee club and has been helping me plan this surprise for a month now.

“Wait I thought Mary- Kate and Stephan were doing the backstage scene and you and Matt were in the bathroom?” I ask, confused by the sudden change in plans.

“They were but then we remembered that they were the first ones in the song so we switched because they have to change.” Lily explains.

“Okay, so I guess I’ll meet the Sophia’s in the auditorium and get ready, who’s supposed to be in here?” I ask her.

“We’re not using here, because technically we’re all supposed to be in class, and if Figgins or Sue come looking for us, this is where they’ll look first, we’re hoping they don’t catch up with us until Marley is in  the auditorium.”

“Okay… “I say, hesitating slightly.

“Yupp, everything is going to be fine… no one is going to mess up, we all know this is important.” She assures me. I knew getting these kids involved was a great idea. When Rachel told me about Mr. Shue’s proposal in their senior year, I knew I had the perfect idea... and perfect timing… but I’ll get to that later.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MarleyPOV

As I walked toward the doors of the high school, the first thing I notice is the silence in the halls. Even when I was late, which today I was, the Glee Club could still be heard throughout the main hall. But today, it was silent. As I walk through the hall where the choir room is, I hear familiar voices… and familiar words. Standing at my old locker are two of the glee kids, Sam, a tall and slightly built blonde and Rachel, long and blonde blue eyed girl.

“Hi, I’m Ryder Lynn.” Sam says nervously leaning toward Rachel, the way Ryder does. Rachel blinks and shakes her head, as though clearing her thoughts.

“I- I know…I saw you in the football game on Saturday, your end zone dances are awesome.” She tells him, they both smile. I laugh to myself thinking about how young and naïve we were.

“I’m Marley.” Rachel tells him.

“I know, your mom rules, she always gives me extra meatballs on spaghetti day.” Sam admits to her.

“Really?” Rachel asks and he nods as she laughs a little, just like I had. “Wow, she must really like you.”  As they talk I see Beth, Puck and Quinn’s daughter walk into the scene, dressed as a Cheerio.

“Hey Mona.”  She says, interrupting their conversation.

“It’s Marley.”

“Whatever, you should be careful around this one Ryder, she has bad genes.” Beth says to Sam.

“Wow, you’re kind of a bitch, what did ever do to you?” He comments.