Scorn Nitride(editing)

Scorn Nitride

Ren is a brunnette, with her hair in ponytails. She keeps her thoughts and emotions to her self most the time. Her only outlet was her BFF, Alessandra. They used to talk about everything. Ren currently lives Vupal, where grew up after moving.

Alessandra  is pretty quiet at first, but if you get to know her, shes quirky. She has MANY weird habits. Also she never forgets a person's face. Her BFF is Ren. They grew up together but Alessandra had to make new friends after Ren moved away a longtime ago. She never forgot about Ren.

~ flashback

A little girl with her hair in pigtails laughed at her best friend, who fingered the stone in her hand suspiciously. “Are you sure this is safe?” the girl with the rock asked, a little pout on her face.

“It’s fine!” replied the other girl. “Lessa, just throw it!”

Lessa stared at the rock in her hand, her eyebrows raised. “I’m not dumb, you know.”

“I know you’re not dumb,” said the other girl. “But come on, it’ll be funny.”

“You better not get me in trouble, Ren.” Lessa glared at her best friend playfully.

Lessa lifted her hand gingerly, squinted at the little boy a long way from where the two girls were sitting, and threw the rock at him. To the girls, it seemed like an hour before the rock hit him. When it did, the target looked up, a bright red mark on his face. His eyes immediately fell on the two girls, who made no effort to hide their guilt.

“You idiots!” he yelled, jumped up, and chased after them. Ren took hold of Lessa’s arm, pulling her away.

“Come on!” she shouted. “Run!”

“I knew we were going to get in trouble!” Lessa responded, running after her friend.

***

After dinner at Lessa’s house, the little girls snuck out from the brightly lit dining room where the adults were discussing whatever they were discussing and rendezvoused at the corner of the street.

“Do you have the flashlight?”Ren whispered loudly, a hand cupped around her mouth.

“Yes,” responded Lessa. “I can hear you, you know.”

“Right,” said Ren, who removed her hands from her mouth. “Let’s go. Our parents will take ten years to be finished.”

They giggled silently with each other and set off toward the woods at the edge of the neighborhood.Holding hands, they skipped to the bridge that would lead them across the stream separating the houses from the wilds. Lessa squeezed Ren’s fingers and started to run. The other girl protested, skidding to a sudden stop. “Don’t do that,” she complained.

“You’re such a slowpoke,” retorted her best friend. “Come on, you’ll take twenty years at that rate.”

Ren sighed and let go of her best friend’s hand. “You run faster than I do, so I’ll follow you.” Lessa shrugged and led the way.

“I know a spot,” she told Ren. “It’s a secret.”

Ren grinned broadly and let her best friend take the lead. Although she knew that her best friend was a bit of a klutz, Lessa sped on, not looking back until she heard a thump from behind her. She turned around. Ren had fallen down over a root. Lessa couldn’t help snickering at the sight, but rushed back to help her best friend.