Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

Laura bit her lip hard.

"I got one too, but who would it actually be from?" She asked.

Her bestfriend Lin stared at her for a few minutes before she decided to reply.

"I don't know, but a parties a party.." Lin said as if Laura was thick for not taking that into concideration.

They both sat in Laura's room wondering who had sent the invitation. Laura stood to her feet and walked towards the window in her Pj's. It was a dark night. Frosty too. Even the sight of the street outside sent chills up Laura's spine. She stayed in a quite neighbour hood. The only light in the street was the half frosted orange street light which lit up the house across the road from Laura's. Lin sat watching the TV.

"Really I want to know who sent this, its an 18th? Who do I know thats coming up for 18?" Laura asked Lin.

"Laura, we're going, no matter whos it is.. you don't know them, you are 24, you won't know an 18 year old if I don't" Lin said rolling her eyes, fed up with Laura going on.

"I su-suppose" Laura said looking at the invitation again.

"All you have to worry about is what to wear to it" Lin laughed.

Laura and Lin had been bestfriends since birth, as both their parents were good friends, so they grew up together. Lin was short and skinny with Blonde hair and blue eyes. Laura had ginger hair, and blue eyes, she was tall and skinny. Laura flung her body on the double bed, and lay there with her face in the pillows.

"Its a bit short notice don't you think?" Lin asked turning to face Laura for an answer.

"Well its on Halloween, its tomorrow night, so I suppose?" Laura replied.

Laura yawned and turned off the TV.

"Okay, well I suppose I'm off then" Lin said walking to the room door.

"Aww okay, well you better swing by tomorrow" Laura said.

"Will do, Cya!" Lin mumbled walking out the door and down stairs.

Laura sat up and turned the TV back on, she started looking through the channels. Nothing on. She was still puzzled on who the invitation was from. She lay back in her bed, and slowly dozed off.

****Next Day****

Laura woke up to 3 missed calls from Lin, quickly she phoned her back.

"Hello Lin, whats up?" Laura asked.

"Nothing, just seeing if you were up?" Lin replied.

"Where are you?" Laura asked.

"In your living room" Lin laughed.

"How the he-" Laura said getting interupted.

"You never locked your door" Lin said in a sarcastic tone.

Laura walked down stairs to the living room to see Lin sit there with juice and crisps.

"Helped yourself" Laura said sitting on the other couch.

"Yeah, well I gotta eat" Lin laughed.

They both sat for a while and watched a few films. Laura sat thinking about the party what to wear etc. Then the house phone went.

"I'll get it" Laura said walking in to the kitchen to get it.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Just to see if your still coming tonight?" A harsh voice grumbled.

"Yeah we'll be there" Laura replied.

"Great" It said in a deep voice differen't from the last.

"Who is this anyw-" Laura said, realising they hand hung up.

Laura stood there thinking who it could be, then Lin walked in.

"Who was it?" She asked.

"That person asking if we're going to the party, they sounded real creepy" Laura said clicking the kettle on.

"They're gonna, its Halloween!" Lin said sniggering.