The Party

You had one hand stuffed inside your pocket, and your other intertwined with your boney lover's. You were both walking down the street to your friend's house. They had invited you to a party the other day, but you were going to decline it. However, you seemed that instead of thinking about yourself, you would ask Sans if he wanted to go. He said yes, so you went with him. It pretty much sums up how you're here.

Sans knocked on the door, your best friend's older sister answered it. "Oh, hey guys, come on in." She said, kindly. You smiled at her before walking in yourself. When you got inside, you were pretty surprised. It looked great in there. Multicolored lights shined on the ceiling, snacks and beverages sat out on the table, and even a DJ, which turned out to be another one of your friends. "*party looks pretty great." Sans commented. "Yeah, it actually does." You agreed.

~Time skip, lol~

Yet another song ended, everybody cheering. The DJ grabbed the mic on the stereo. "Alright, guys. This is gonna be a slow song, so for all of you who's gotta date with you, or someone you gotta crush on, or even just your friend, it's time to tone it down for a bit." He said, and the music began. Sans looked up at you, and you felt your face heat up a bit. You can see he felt the same, because you saw blue dusted across his skeletal cheeks.

"(Y/N), will you-" You had already grabbed his hand. "You don't even have to ask, sweetheart." You said.

You recognized this song, as soon as the lyrics began to play.

Heart beats fast, colors and promises.
How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone, all of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.
One step closer.

You had your arms wrapped around his neck, which was a little uncomfortable to you, since he was a bit shorter, but you didn't mind. He wrapped his hands around your waist, a small warm chuckle escaping his non-existing lips.

I have died everyday waiting for you.
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.

Time stands still, beauty in all she is.
I will be brave, I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me.
Every breath, every hour has come to this.
One step closer.

The two of you slowly made your way around the wooden floors, your shoes making slight tapping noises when one of you made a step. Everything was so timid, so lovely. You two became lost in your own world. The lights and people around you both became blurred as you only fixed your gaze upon his.

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more.
And all along, I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your heart to me.
I will love you for a thousand years, and I'll love you for a thousand more.

One step closer.
One step closer.

The two of you twirled carelessly on the dancefloor. Laughter washed over the both of you and you stared into his lit eye sockets. He blushed blue, but then began to laugh again.

I have died everyday waiting for you.
Darling, don't be afraid, I will love you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more.
And all along, I believed I would find you.
Time has brought your headt to me.
I will love you for a thousand years, and I'll love you for a thousand more.

The lyrics faded out, and you realized that Sans had dipped you. You stared up at him, before he placed his hand on your cheek and brought his teeth up to your warm lips. You smiled as you closed your eyes for the kiss, and he did the same.

You were glad you hadn't declined.