3.

Camila's P.O.V

-

It's been almost a week since my talk with Shawn. Every time I see him on the way to work, his eyes pour into mine with sympathy and sorrow.

I just want him back.

Today was my manuscript reading day. I needed to find something new, a book that catches attention. Something to publish.

Stacks of papers, pens, sticky notes, clips; scattered upon my desk. I reached for my book bag as I stuffed a new manuscript into the bag. I got up from my chair and tossed my pencil onto my desk.

I sucked my bottom lip In between my teeth making sure I left nothing behind in my office. I shut the lights off and locked my office door, grabbing my phone just moments before.

The elevator ride was pleasant. Being cornered by almost every employee trying to get home. The music especially made it more comfortable. Please note my sarcasm!

As soon as the doors opened, a stampede of people rushed out and headed towards the exit of the building. I sighed as I was the last to walk out. It was currently 2:05 P.M and I had to be on college campus at 3:00.

I yawned as i walked the streets of New York City. The busy editors, artists, somewhat employees running to get to places on time. Street musicians to the homeless scattered here and there. I've never focused on the sounds of everyone speaking and phones ringing. Until today.

Sucking my bottom lip in between my set of teeth; I began to Chew on it. I'm aggravated; Cranky. Tired.

My feet moved at a quicker pace down the street, towards my home.

I'm pissed.

The sounds of voices, music and cell phones grew louder; My heart thumped faster.

I'm going to lose my shit.

I wasn't walking anymore, I was sprinting.

You're almost there, Camila. Hang on.

But the sight of Shawn and whom I suppose is Alessia ruined me. There I was in front of the entrance to my home, and I lost it.

The papers, the book bag, my phone and coffee cup all landed on the floor as I screamed loudly. I began to shout profanities and sob.

"EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP, GOD."

Silence filled the street. Pedestrians looked at me with concern. Phones were off, and a crowd was around me. However, Shawn and Alessia stood beside me, not even knowing I was there. They were just, talking.

"Oh hey, um, Carey? Carly? Cara? Chl-" Alessia was going to hurt herself by overthinking.

"It's Camila."

"Right! Shawn was just telling me about how he sent out the wedding invitations. Did you get one?"

"I did." I glanced at Shawn who just looked down at his feet. I rolled my eyes and reached down to grab my keys.

"You made a huge scene, Cara." Acknowledging the crows who seemed to leave again one by one.

"It's Camila." I repeated.

"Anyways, Shawn and I here are going out for coffee. Would you like to join?"

"No thank you."