E p i l o g u e

It had been 9 months since the two had seen each other.

Shawn was currently in London doing promo for his new album 'illuminate'. Treat you better was blowing up. And every time Camila heard it in her car she would turn the volume way up.

As for Camila, she was at home with her 1 week old baby; Layla Marie Mendes. Camila would always sing her songs that Layla's father had written.

Camila was on maternity leave. She did medical school work at home and editing at home as well. Everything was emailed to her as she was able to take care of her daughter. And she was doing it on her own.

Anne would start babysitting as soon as Camila went back to work.

Little did Camila know, Shawn would be landing in New York next. Not only to reunite with the cities that long awaited for him, but to see Camila and be surprised with his New Born daughter Layla.

-

Camila's P.O.V

+

I was trying to get Layla to go to sleep but she was being so fussy and stubborn she did not want to eat. I stood up with her in my arms and walked around the house trying to rock her. Her eyes began to flutter shut as her cries got quieter.

"It's okay, mamas. You're okay." I whispered and placed soft kisses on her forehead.

I hummed the song 'never be alone' to her as I continued to walk around.

"Take a piece of my heart, and make it all you're own." I softly sang as I walked to my bedroom.

"So when we are apart, you'll never be alone." A voice behind me sang. I know that voice.

My body turned to face him.

"S-Shawn?" I said as I continued to rock Layla.

My heart was in my stomach.

"Hey, Mila. Uhm..."

I looked down at Layla who was asleep in my arms.

"Are you babysitting?" Shawn asked as he walked up to me. He smiled at the baby. "Who's baby is this? Is it Anne's?"

I bit my bottom lip so hard, I could've gone straight through if I wanted.

Shit.

"Uh no. She's Uhm, shes actually my daughter."

His face turned from happy to a mix of anger and upset. "What?" He questioned. "You're kidding, right?" I walked over to Layla's bassinet, and laid her down in it, covering her with a blanket.

I turned around to Shawn standing in the hallway with his arms crossed over his chest; Glaring at me.

I chuckled nervously and did jazz hands. Jazz hands make everything better.

"Uh, Err, surprise!"

________________________________

DA END.