Chapter 3: What A Jerk!

Minju's POV

The first day of school was alright. I found my way around pretty easy. The teachers were nice and there were a lot of interesting clubs that I found and was told about— mostly music related. Everything was easy-going. There was one thing that made me uncomfortable though. I caught a lot of attention since I was the new girl. Some boys were hitting on me and asking if I had a boyfriend. I said no and just walked away.

I had to take the bus home since mom was at work and couldn't pick me up. The ride took an hour to get to my house. When I got home, I saw that mom had prepared me dinner already.  On the table, she wrote a note saying, "I hope you had a good day at school. I'll be coming home late today. Don't forget to eat dinner." I took the food to the microwave to reheat then went to get my laptop.

I was told by some teachers that the school had a website called "Busan Glory" where it explains what kind of clubs they had, events that will be going on, and past things that went on last year. I decided to go on it and take a look.

On the school page, there were section tabs labeled: Academic, Science, Theater, Sports, Music. I clicked on the Music tab and it showed lots of video clips of students singing and dancing. I scrolled around and noticed that there were many talented students.

I then stumbled across a video called "BTS: Save Me".

I watched it and it was amazing. The way the dancers moved their bodies with the rhythm, the way their voices harmonized with one another, the way they're so in sync.

There were seven members. One of whom seems familiar. I read the caption under the video and it said "BTS: Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook."

"Park Jimin..? Wasn't he the one who I sat by in class? The so called 'famous dancer'..?"

I clicked on more videos and found out that Jimin was involved in lots of dancing and singing competitions. He's a top dancer at school and is a part of this popular group called BTS.

"He wasn't joking when he said famous...and BTS?...hmm they seem very talented."

The clock on the wall hit 8 and chimed. Ding. I looked at the time and noticed that it was getting kinda late. I decided to start on my homework.

I can't believe there's homework on the first day...Ughh..

---- The next day ----

School was about the same as yesterday except less people staring at me. Before class started, I had to go to my locker. I was walking down the halls when I suddenly heard girls screaming. I stopped, turned to the screams and saw that it was Park Jimin and 6 other guys. They were pretty handsome and good-looking. I heard a girl yell "BTS" and realized,

"That must be the famous BTS that everybody talks about."

The way they walked, the way everybody was gazing and screaming, it was like they were celebrities.

Not really interested, I continued walking and and grabbed my books in my locker. I headed to class before the bell rung.

After reading about the clubs on Busan Glory yesterday, I decided to sign up for the club called Becoming An Artist . It was a club where I can compose my own songs and produce my own tunes.

The first club meeting is today. It was said to be located in building PA room 230. While looking for the room the meeting was held in, I ended up in the same place as I was yesterday— the performing arts floor. I tried to look for the room number, but ended up walking in circles. I went around again and without watching where I was going, I bumped into someone.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" a male voice shouted.

I quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you."

I looked up to see who it was and saw that it was Park Jimin.

"Well, obviously you didn't," Jimin remarked.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to."

He stared at me, "Aren't you the new girl?"

I nodded.

"It's only been a day and you're already causing trouble," Jimin said.

"I was trying to look for room 230. Do you know where it is?"

He replied, "Look for it yourself. I'm not your tour guide. Now I'm going to be late to practice thanks to you."

I apologized once again.

"Whatever," he said as he pushed past me.

Not knowing what to do I thought to myself, "This is the famous Park Jimin that everyone adores? What a jerk!"

---- End of Chapter 3 ----

This is a short boring chapter. I still don't have quite a clear idea of where I'm going with this. Sorry! 😝😝😝