Is Homosexuality A Sin?

ANSWER: YES, homosexuality, alongside bisexuality, gayness, and lesbianism is sinful.

EXPLANATION:

"And the man said: This one, at last, is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called 'woman,' for she was taken from man. This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh." (Genesis 2:23-24)

This scripture clearly states that a man and a woman should be together, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Men and women should be together because this is how God meant for it to be.

"So God created man in his own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female." (Genesis 1:27)

God didn't create a man and a man or a woman and a woman to populate the earth, he specifically designed men and women to be different and yet compatible. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't love people of the same sex as us, we just shouldn't want to marry and be in a serious relationship with them.

Someone I know who is bisexual and they said it was "just a phase" and that they were "trying it out." They said that they didn't think it was sinful if it just testing the waters and asked me why it was bad. This is what the Bible says about that:

"So it is a sin for the person who knows to do what is good and doesn't do it." (James 4:17)

They knew it was wrong but wanted to try it out. Therefore, it was sinful. You may say that some people don't know it's wrong, but even so, it is still sin. They just don't realize that it's sin. Just like when a little kid shouts a curse word not knowing what it means, it's still sin.

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Homosexuality degrades and undermines what God meant for marriage and families to be like. God is willing to forgive them because God doesn't pick favorites. He loves everyone the same and offers a second chance, a chance to repent and come to a saving knowledge of Him and be what most of call "being saved."

Just because someone is homosexual doesn't mean we should persecute them, be mean to them, or hate them. We as Christians need to love them just as much as we would love anyone else. We can be their friends and yet not approve of their behavior. We need to try to persuade them that their actions are wrong, but still be kind, gentle, loving, and Christlike. We may not come across as "tolerant" or whatever, but that's the price we have to pay for obey God's commands. I mean, the world isn't tolerant of Christians and they are as mean as possible to us. But we still love them. We, as Christians, shouldn't want anyone to go to Hell, so we must love them like we love our friends. If we only love those who love us back, then there would be no true love in the world.

Just like all other sins, homosexuality needs to be repented from, which I know is easier said than done, but it's the same with all other sin. We should let them know that God wants them to love Him back and that what they're doing is wrong and when the moment is right, the Gospel, and try to lead them to Christ.

~~~~

Any more questions? Comment anywhere on this book, or private message this account or the account of MasterHand4444. Currently working on two other questions, so stay tuned!