SCENE 8

• Dedicated kay Marvin Sebastian Azarcon

CARA:

Here’s your drink.

AZRAEL:

Thank you. (takes a sip) You look beautiful tonight.

CARA:

(snorts)Thank you for saving my life twice.

AZRAEL:

It’s easy—the guy’s an amateur.

CARA:

Conceited.

AZRAEL:

(laughs then becomes serious) It’s just that—I remember my younger sister in you.

CARA:

Really? Why?

AZRAEL:

(shrugs) She’s…like you. Fights back. Spoiled little brat.

CARA:

If I ever meet her, I’ll tell her you’re telling everyone she’s a brat.

AZRAEL:

(smiles sadly) If…I haven’t even seen her for years.

CARA:

Huh? What do you mean?

AZRAEL:

We got separated when we’re still young—too young. She’s only two at that time. Don’t know if she’ll recognize me if we see each other again…cause I don’t remember much of her face. Just her laugh. And……something else.

CARA:

Aw. Sorry.

AZRAEL:

It’s okay. And what about you?

CARA:

Actually, I’m also kinda like you. I got separated from my father and my older brother when I’m still very young. My mom raised me by herself.

AZRAEL:

Aw. That’s sad. (smiles)

CARA:

What are you smiling about?

AZRAEL:

Well now at least we know we’re not alone. There’s the two of us sharing the same hell. (laughs)

CARA:

Haha! Guess you’re right

AZRAEL:

Don’t you even think about finding your father and brother?

CARA:

My mom told me that my father died not long after we got separated. And my brother, I don’t think he made it alive too, all by himself.

AZRAEL:

Who knows? Maybe he’s just there somewhere searching for you.

CARA:

How can you say that? Still not giving up on finding your sister?

AZRAEL:

Yeah. I think she’s just there. I always feel her very presence like she’s just near with me. Just like now.

CARA:

Now that’s creepy. I think you’re drunk.

AZRAEL:

Yeah right. I feel… I feel kinda tipsy. I think I drank too much I wanna go home.

CARA:

Let me walk you home.

AZRAEL:

But—oh, okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------END OF SCENE 8