Chapter 1: Contortions

<><><><><><><><>
Ink, circles, shapes, paint, offerings, inverted cross, and a short summoning prayer. These were all the things needed in order to open the gate of the demon of riches, Andromalius.

"Not only he can get ya money; he can also bring back the things you have lost. And not only that, he can also punish the one who took it from you!", read the page numbered 66.

"Well, sweet!", exclaimed Lillian Greene, the fiancée of Ben Greene.

"Are you sure we should be doing this? Well- I mean... It's just- it's... Damn it.", Ben said wearily.

As Ben was about to walk away, Lillian grabbed him just by the arm and kissed him slowly. Then the both of them broke away at the same time.

"Hun, we will both surpass this. You do love and trust me , no?", said she with a teary-eyed expression.
"...yes... I do... Ehem. Well, that's more than enough comforting me!", replied Ben with a slight chuckle.

And then so, they began to laugh their stomachs out. And then rain poured. That's when they knew they should hurry.

Without any more second thoughts, the both of them proceeded instantly to hide behind the huge tree just by the small hill, along with all their things.

Once there, Ben took a quick glance over his shoulder, which in turn showed Lillian nodding continuously. He instinctively knew what she meant, so he grabbed the ancient summoning book from one of his pockets. Damn, this was really a bad time doing this.

While Lillian prepared the tools needed for constructing the ritual circle, Ben handed over the book for Lillian to see. It took a few minutes for them to finish constructing the circle on the trunk of the huge tree.

Good thing, the paint that they bought was labeled as water-proof, so it won't wash away. Hell, even most of the things were mostly expensive just for them to ensure quality.

Both of them stood up, and began to read aloud the short prayer written on the book, which was written in an unfamiliar language.

"Zul myul hal viik!! Foh kra din fus diih nok!! Fus pak diih nok!! Fus pak diih nok!!
Andromalius daemon ta ulman kun kuran. Fiik don loh sah. Ulmeyr toh uvian jarik. Zanir toh uvian jarik. Bulka toh uvian jarik."

As they began to repeat the whole ritual aloud, claps of thunder echoed along with them. The only strange thing was, because nothing supernatural seemed to appear yet. That's when they noticed something was off.

"Dear, don't you think it's about time for the demon to appear? We've been here for like- ages!!!", shouted Lillian, throwing off her arms atop her head. She was obviously losing her patience.

"Well yeah. But I think there's something that we could possibly have missed. Wait, wait.... did you, I mean, did we already set up the offerings?" ,questioned Ben.

"Of course! How stupid can we be to forget that! Here." ,exclaimed Lillian while placing the items on her bag on the front of the circle, along with the candles she lit up.

Once more, they both began to chant aloud another offering prayer.

"Andromalius daemon, jur kolkum vitah akbar. Hidae ouros sumoin! Jur kalka vitah! Wie nida richae rute naweh!! Hide ouros sumoin! Akkep ouros ooperos!!"

And with that, the clouds began to darken even more, fogs began to swirl around them, and lightning struck the tree.

Finally, the demon they were waiting for, appeared before them...

"I have heed your summons, humans. What is it that you seek within?", said the demon with a deep, haunting voice.

Before the both of them could even speak clearly, they weren't able to move an inch. They were caught in a daze. (Or faze, was it?)

Silence engulfed them. But alas, the demon spoke again, this time, more gentle, if possible.

"You have summoned me. Now, I have to grant whatever it is that you desire the most."

"Well-well... Uh- you see... How shall I put this.", was all Lillian could say. But luckily, Ben gathered all his courage to speak up for the both of them.

"We need money. Like, really in need of money. And this right here-", Ben began to show the book he's been holding to the demon. And he continued...
"-states that you can make that possible... Was that enough, or you need more details?", asked Ben.

Andromalius continued eyeing the book Ben's holding.

"Hmm. Details.", he replied, folding his arms on his bare chest.

"Uhm, ok. Well, you see, Lillian and I are truly inlove with each other, that's why we decided to elope. Our parents doesn't even know that. Why do they even have to know when they doesn't even support us? They hate us! I curse them! I despise-" , Ben was cut off when Lillian put a hand lovingly on his shoulder. He turned to look at her.
She was crying. But still, she managed to tell Ben, "Stop. That isn't going to change anything. But Andromalius will. That's why we have to do this, Ben. I love you."

The demon seemed completely unfazed of the two. But he was irritated and confused at the same time. "What's so important with love? It's obviously a waste of time.", this thought crossed his mind.

And while the couple were busy comforting each other, he cut them off.

"Fine. I'll let you two have time to decide. One minute is yours, I'm not a patient being."
......
The two began to argue with each other, but end up having decided the same thing...
"Yes. We decided to discuss a deal with you."

Andromalius' ears perked up a bit, at the time he heard some satisfying answer. But now it was time for some important matters at hand. He then began to speak.

"This is an agreement wherein both parties benefit from each other. So, you both receive wealth, and in exchange, both your souls are mine. Is that it?"

"Yes. But we decided that you shall not have our soul, but instead-" Ben was cut off when the demon changed emotion.

"Wait, wait, wait. Listen up. Let me finish. We both decided that in exchange for wealth that we shall receive, you shall take our child's soul. Are we both fine?" ,he finally finished. Andromalius' eyebrows seemed to drop down back to normal as Ben finished whatever he was stating.

Well, sure. It was obviously a 2-1 ratio benefit. But still, the thought of reaping an innocent and pure untainted soul excited him. So, he finally agreed.

A long ancient-looking paper was now before them. It came from who knows where.

"This is our pact: In your part, both of you will receive a tremendous amount of money. While on my part, I shall receive your child's soul by the time he/she matures. Is that understood? Then, please sign your NAMES.", he obviously spat the last part with venom.

"Humans. So weak and so stupid. They should know that we beings aren't to tamper with...", he thought, while looking at the couples signing their name on the paper he had provided.

"Very well then, I shall visit you every once in a while... my dear child."
<><><><><>
End for the first chapter.

A/N. MUST READ.
Dear Lovelies,
Sorry for the crappy chapter, this is my first story ever made, so please no haters, just bear with me.. Second chapter's on the way, but still, exam week's on so it may be late. Anyway, I'm not gonna make this long so, thanks for reading! Votes are HIGHLY appreciated! Thanks again!! :3

>>>>>>>>>>>