Summer

The first day of summer and there are no birds singing. Nope. Just the sound of a loud buzz as a usual alarm clock buzzes. Crap. I unlock my phone and turn off my alarm. Why it's set for 5 am? Stupid school systems make their schools start so early.

Since falling asleep again is defenatly a no, I grab a blue doctor who tardis tank top and bleached denim shorts as well as a bra and underwear and go into the bathroom. I wash the makeup from yesterday off my face and undress for my shower. I get in and wash my hair and shave, feeling the hot water down my back. After 30 minutes I was in my fluffy blue towel and my hair was up in a turbie twisty towel thingy. I step out of the bathroom to be horrifically greeted by my best friend.

"What the crap Annabelle!" I yell as a pillow meets my face.

"What? It was funny."

"Not really."

"I was nice!" She claimed. "I set out your outfit."

"For what?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you! I'm taking you shopping for our Disneyland trip in a few weeks." Oh yeah.

"I've already got an outfit on," I tell her.

"I like mine better. If you wear it I'll by you a nerd thing."

"Deal."

I look over at the outfit Annabelle picked out. She found my blue doctor who "spoilers" shirt and my TARDIS converse. Keeping my shorts on I change quickly and  turn around.

"Yep I'm good. Even with a stubborn nerd."

"Shut up."

I dry my long brown hair and put it up in a braided bun. I put on a little bit if concealer and mascara before I go downstairs with Annabelle.

"Where's your dad?"

"Another conference. This ones a week long."

"Again? That's bull."

"It's fine. I'm used to it." I stuff some granola bars and a pack of skittles in my purse.

About 20 minutes later Annabelle and I got in my car and we were off to the mall. With wanting to get this over with, I sped the whole way there and we got to the mall in 15 minutes flat.

"MELODY ANN PAWN DONT YOU DARE FREAKING DRIVE LIKE THAT AGAIN WITH ME IN THE CAR!" Oops.

"Yeah yeah. Not like you've never sped before."

"Not 70 in a 25 zone!"

"I don't watch my speed."

"How did you get your license? How have you not gotten pulled over?"

"No clue. Passed with a 71%. Dad still won't ride in my car."

"Gee, wonder why."

The car clicks and we walk to the big doors that open to the food court.

"Not yet." Man.

We enter the shops, hot topic being first. We look around for about 20 minutes before paying. Annabelle bought some disney stuff, including a beauty and the beast v-neck TShirt and and a notebook that says "Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming". I bought a Mulan Vneck, another Vneck that says "Sadly, My Life's Not a Disney Movie (preachin), a blue tiedye backpack that says "Waiting for a Madman with a box" with the tardis, and a thin strapped dress that is half blue and half pink from sleeping beauty.

After we paid we tragicly exited hot topic and walked over to Spencer's. We didn't find any disney things except for a Lilo and stitch bag that I already have. I did find a five nights at Freddy's shirt with all the plushies from the first game and pizza slices everywhere. If you think I bought it you are absolutely right. AND it was on sale.

Since it was going on non, we went to the food court to get lunch. After ordering five guys, I filled my cup with diet coke and sat at a table and waited for Annabelle to get our food.

We ate our burgers and fries in non silence due to over a hundred other people being in the food court at once.

"Melody that guy over there keeps looking at you!" Annabelle whisper shouts to me.

"Who?"

"Don't look now but he's at your 8:00. Black shirt." I glance over my right shoulder just before she slaps my hand. "I said don't look!"

"Ow!"

I did get a mediocre look at the guy. He's not bad looking. He's got brown hair a bit lighter than mine and is wearing a black short sleeved button up shirt. I couldn't tell about anything else on him. I'll admit he's cute.  

I turn back around and finish eating before my food got cold. Cold fries are not good. I get up to toss my trash when he bumps into me dropping my trash along with his.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry!" I say, not looking up from the trash I was picking up.

"Don't worry about it. Accidents happen," he answered. His voice was kinda deep but not creepily deep. I tossed the trash and looked up at him. He's a lot taller than i am. Well I'm like 5' 2" and he's maybe 5' 10" at the least. "What's your name?" He asked out of the blue.

"Melody," I answered. "What's yours?"

"Lucas."

"What like the gay YouTuber?" Did I just flirt?

"I guess," he replied. "What about yours, were you named after music?"

"Technically no." I look down at my outfit. "Nerd dad. Named me after some chick on an old anime I don't think anyone's ever seen. Nerdyness kinda rubbed off."

Lucas chucked. "It's okay," he said. "I'm a nerd too."

Just then I saw his Harry Potter tattoo on his arm peeking through his shirt saying "Always" in cursive. Well it's nice to know another nerd like me.

"Hey I was wondering," Lucas began. "Do you wanna get dinner sometime?"

Wait did he just ask me out?