Chapter 7

"You can run but you can't hide."
This chapter is dedicated to my favorite reader. @gabbygirl1401
Thanks for always checking up on me and how I'm doing! I appreciate you!

Langston's POV

I never looked back I just kept going. I ran for what felt like hours until I saw a car coming. I waved it down and they pulled beside me. "Langston?" I heard a familiar voice said. I walked over to the car and looked through the window. "Cason oh my god." I cried and got in. "What are you doing all the way out here? Why are you walking?" He asked. "Case just take me home please. I'll explain later." I said wrapping my arms around myself. "Okay." He said driving off.

I must've drifted off to sleep because the next thing I know Cason is carrying me up to my room. "Shhh I got you. You're okay." He said kissing my forehead. "Where's my dad?" I asked. "He's in the living room, he's been worried sick." He said walking into my room. He set me on the bed and took my shoes off. I laid down and he put the covers on me. "Get some sleep Lang." He said walking off. I started to panic. "Cason!" I yelled. He ran back over to me. "What? What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. "Stay the night with me. I don't want to be alone." I said with tears in my eyes. "Okay Hun." He said taking his shoes off and getting on the other side of the bed. He pulled me close to him and wrapped his arm around me.

Jason's POV

"Auston!" I yelled furiously. He walked into the living right room. "What?" He asked. "What did we fucking talk about the other day about locking our windows!" I said gritting my teeth. "I didn't know you were bringing her tonight!" He fired back. I shoved him against the wall with my arm over his throat. "I don't fucking care. When I say to do somethings that means do it!" I yelled. By then all the guys came in and were pulling me off him. "You better remember I know where she is. Keep that in mind before you cross me again." I said walking off. "You said you'd let her go if I joined you!" He yelled after me. I turned around and studied his face and body. His face was red with anger and his chest was breathing heavy. He's pissed and I'm laughing. I turned around and walked out the door.

It's been 2 weeks since I seen Langston. I've been worried sick about her but my eyes are always on her. She can run but she can't hide.

Langston's POV

"Hey Lang."  Courtney said sitting next to me at our usual table in the cafeteria. "Hey" I said. "How you feeling?" She asked sympathetically. "I can feel him watching me. I knew it wasn't gonna be that easy to leave." I said rubbing my arms. "I know." She sighed. "Just don't ever be alone okay?" "Okay." I said. Cason came to the table an sat down. "How are my two beautiful girls doin today?" He smiled at us. "Better." I said. His smile melted my heart.

School was finally over and me an Cason walked to my house

School was finally over and me an Cason walked to my house. "You wanna come in an hang out?" I asked him. "Sure that sounds great." He smiled. We walked into my house and set our things down in the living room. I saw my dad sitting at the table with his hands on his head and  a bunch of bills on the table. "Dad? Everything okay?" I asked sitting next to him. "Yeah hun everything's fine don't worry." He sighed. "I'm gonna get a job." I blurted out. He looked up at me with a mixed expression. "Honey-" I cute him off. "Dad I live here too. I want to help." I said. "I think that's a great idea sweetheart. But I don't want it interfering with your studies, you got it?" He said with a stern look. "It won't I promise. When I get a job I'll buy the groceries and my clothes and I'll also pay for the water/electricity." "Hun that's way too much I can handle the electricity." "No dad it's not enough, you're already paying the house, phone, an car payments. Let me do this for you please." I begged. He sighed again. "Alright honey but please let me know if it gets to be too much please." He said. "Of course I promise." I gave him a hug and went to the living room to find Cason starting homework. "I'm gonna get a job." I said excitedly. "Don't get too excited yet, jobs aren't that fun." He joked. "How about we go look for you one tomorrow?" He asked. "That sounds perfect!" I smiled.

*The next day*

"Her Langston ready to go?" Cason texted. "Yes." I replied. I put my phone away and checked myself in the mirror one last time. I decided to wear a black pencil skirt with a red button up blouse and red heels. I left my hair wavy and put some red lipstick on and did my eyeshadow the smokey eye. There was a knock on my door and in walked Cason. "Hey Lang ready to go- woah." He stared at me with his jaw dropped. "What? Is something wrong do I not look okay?" I asked worriedly. "You look breath taking." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. "Thanks case" I said. We walked downstairs and out the door to Cason's car. "Where to first?" He asked. "There's a place that's looking for a paid intern at some place called 'Bieber Enterprises'." "Ooooh sounds fancy." He joked. "Oh hush." I laughed.

We pulled up to the place and we got out. Cason held the door open for me as we walked in. I walked up to the front desk. "Hello how can I help you?" The lady asked. "Hi I'm here for an interview for the paid internship?" I said. "Oh yes." She dialed numbers on the phone as I waited. "Mr. Bieber, she's here." She said. That was a little weird but oh well. He probably knows it's me because my name is on the form. "He'll see you now. His office is level 5." She smiled. Cason and I both stood up and walked to the elevators. "I'm sorry sir, only she can come up for the interview. Please wait in the lounge and help yourself to some coffee." She smiled. "Sounds good to me. Good luck Langston you got this." He gave me one last hug and walked to the waiting room. I entered the elevator and hit level 5. I was honestly worried. I can't screw this up. I gotta do this for dad. I stood up straight an put a smile on my face. The elevator doors opened to a huge office. A man was sitting at the desk with his chair turned facing the windows. I entered the room to see a security guard on the left. "Hello Mr. Bieber it's so great to meet you I'm-" "Langston Langston Langston." I heard him say. The chair turned around and I gasped. He stood up an put his hands on his desk. "You can't be that naive can you?" Jason smirked. I turned around to head for the elevator but the security guard cut me off. "Let me through now!" I yelled. He wouldn't budge. I huffed and turned around. Walking straight to him I mimicked his pose, I was fuming with anger. "What the fuck do you want. Why are you here." I glared at him. He smirked again. "I own this place baby doll." "Not possible. You're in a gang and you're last name isn't Bieber." I spat. "Oh but it is possible. See my real name is Justin Bieber. My gang name is Jason McCann. And I've owned this company since I was 12." He said.

"I'm not doing this. You tried to kidnap me. Why the fuck would I work for you." "Because you need the money an well id like for us to go back to how we used to be. I miss you so much Langston." He smiled. "I don't need the money." I said crossing my arms. He sighed and stood up from his desk. He walked over to a filing cabinet and grabbed some papers. He threw the papers at me. "What are these?" I asked. "Take a look." He said taking a seat. I grabbed the papers and flipped through them. "They're bankruptcy papers?" I asked. "Yes, your dad filed for bankruptcy last month. You're about to lose your house." He said. "How the hell do you know this?" I asked. "Because Langston I'm a business man. And when I see something I want I don't stop until I get it." I rolled my eyes. "Well you aren't getting me." I said walking to the exit. He stood up an raised his voice. "I'll give you $100,000 in cash to get your dad out of debt and pay the rest of your bills." He said. I stopped. If dad really did file then that's why he's so stressed. The money could really help him. He does everything for me. I can do this one thing for him. I thought to my self. I stood there a little bit longer thinking things out before turning around. "All I have to do is take the job? Nothing else." I asked. "Yes." He answered. I turned around. "What is the job exactly?" I asked. He stood up an started arranging papers on his desk. "You'll be my assistant. I'll have you run errands, make copies, run my business while I'm out of town doing other business, get coffee. Simple things like that." He answered signing papers. "Wait run your business? How the hell do I do that?" I asked. He stopped signing an looked at me. "You sit in my chair behind my desk and read over papers. If you think it's a good idea you put my signature. If you don't agree with it you throw it in that box over there and I'll have one last check over before I shred them." I sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "It's a very simple job Langston. But if you're not up for the tasks I can find someone else to do it." He said to me. "When can I get the money for my dad?" I asked. "You'll get the money sooner than later but you're gonna work for it I'm not just gonna hand it to you. I know you won't come back if I do that. Then I'll really have to kidnap you." He said. I stood up. "If I take this job I'll be here to work and that's it. You got it? I'm not getting kidnappped and I'm not doing anything I don't want to." I said sternly. He smiled and stood up. He extended his hand to me, and I took it. "Welcome to the job Langston." He smirked.

What am I getting myself into?