17-ii

He is so frustrating. I am looking around to find something to do and the wallpaper on his laptop catches my attention. It has me and the kids from resort while we were taking a tour. I go all Awww!! and grab it to see it more clearly. I close the window that is open to see the complete picture but before I could do that, I see a folder named StarCom agency. There are other folders beside it - Karan, Dr.Shephard, Meredith, Ishan Patel, Swetha, Mrs. Tuner, Tim, Randy, Blanco and some other names probably from his work that I don't recognize. I click on Ishan Patel. There are a series of documents including his social security number. My jaw drops. This is wrong on so many levels. If he has so much information on this poor soul whom he met once; forget about me. I am now curious, I click on his summary page.

"Mr. Patel is a 35 years old bussinessman, a serial philanderer, two time divorcee with three kids-two girls from his first marriage and a boy from his second marriage. He had lost almost all his wealth in settling child support and alimony with his two ex-wives. Social circles think that he is on lookout for a wealthy catch..."   

The summary continues, in exhaustive detail - about his family, his businesses, his stock market value, his mortgage payments, his credit and bank account details, his ex-girl friends. Damn! Does Swetha know all this? Oh my god! I need to talk to her. I don't think she would date him if she knew all this. Oh poor girl!! My heart went out for her. She has to endure another bad break-up. The profile fits though, Swetha is filthy rich, her father is one of the top class cosmetic surgeons in California and he has a huge trust fund for her. And she is always going around the world doing charity work.

I remember Virat saying something about him not liking Ishan. He went out all this way to find information about him? Is this even legal?

Next, I open StarCom. He couldn't have known much about it; it was only today that he came to know of its existence.

I was so wrong!

There were a lot of names I didn't recognize - employees, clients, associations. The only name I know is that of Mr.Basil. He was the one whom I contacted from India and been in touch with. He has a file on me that Starcom have in their database. Unbelievable! I could see that this folder is not as full but then it will be, if I manage to join them. Virat knows so much more about my work place than I do!!!!!!!

And to think how in the evening, I wanted to mention my work to him, tell him all about it.

I am so out of my depth here!!!!

"What are you doing?" I hear him from behind me. Before I turn to him, he swoops down over me and grabs his laptop. He looks at me like I am a child and he caught me with my hands in a cookie jar.

"I should ask you that." I reply. My face suddenly becomes pale. Whom am I living with??

"Damn, don't you get any privacy around here?" he mimicks me from earlier.

"PRIVACY!!!!" I yell.  Doesn't he even realize how many people's privacy he has invaded and on how many different maniacal levels?

He is putting his laptop on his desk inside his shoulder bag. I look at him acting indifferent about the whole thing. This is the limit!!