17-i

"Ria, come back here right now." I heard Virat in the living room.

"I am not talking to you!!!!" Ria walked inside stomping her foot.

I looked at her curiously and then at Virat who was walking behind her with a frustrated expression.

"Mommy!!!!" she cried running towards me in tears.

"Oh baby, what's wrong?" I stooped down and collected her in my arms. She clasped her hands and legs around me and started sobbing.

"Heeey, why are you crying sweetheart? I thought you are a big girl now." I looked at Virat questioning him and he rolled his eyes.

Nikki ran inside jumping with excitement- clapping and shouting "Momma, look at my new puppy." And behind him ran a german shepherd- a long muzzle, brown snout, brown medium-sized intelligent eyes and long brown ears. It is probably a few weeks old.

"It's cute. It's a he?" I asked Virat. He nodded. "He is cute Nikki, but why is your sister crying?" Nikki couldn't see or hear anything other than the pup.

 Hearing Nikki, Ria started to sob louder. "Sweetheart, stop crying." Virat pleaded.

"Take him out into the garden." Virat told Nikki. Nikki was more than glad to have him to himself, so he hopped out and with him followed our newest family member.

"She doesn't like him?" I asked Virat.

"Oh she likes him, and all the thirteen puppies and their mother. She wanted all of them." Virat was shaking his head.

"WHAT??" I screamed.

"The big doggy was crying. I saw small tears momma and it was barking sooo loudly'." Ria explained. Her sniffs lacing her words.

I started smiling.

"It was not crying sweetheart, she was just telling goodbye." Virat reasoned in vain, his hands on his hips.

"I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU'." Ria shouted at Virat and hugged me back tightly. Virat dropped his head back and raised his hands up in exasperation.

Ria's face was red and tiny little pearls were dropping down continuously from her innocent wide sparkly eyes.

"Oh honey..." I took her to the window where we could see Nikki playing with our new puppy. He was going round and round and the puppy was following him as fast as he could. Nikki was shrieking with excitement.

"See how happy the puppy is." I showed her. She turned and looked out of the window slowly, her face giving nothing away. She was carefully examining the authenticity of my words. "He won't miss his mommy?" She asked as I wiped her tears off.  

"No Sweety. Dogs stay with their mom only for a few days and then they are on their own. And if you take good care of him, he will not even think about his mom again."