Chapter Sixty-Eight.

Chapter Sixty Eight - Coming Home

Summer's POV

From Brad

I gotta tell you something, I miss you more then you'll ever know X

"Brad, again?" My mum groaned and rolled her eyes as I nodded in response. "Are you going to ignore it once again?"

"I've ignored the last seven, it's not exactly working." I sighed in defeat as another message came through.

From Brad

Give me time and I'll give you, every drop of mine X

"He's not going to give up until you responded." Alex informed me. "Maybe, give the guy another chance?"

"He kissed another women!" My mum practically shrieked.

"I know and I understand your actions but it's been four days." He said calmly as my temper began to rise inside of me. "Sometimes, it's better to sort out your problems and difficulties instead of running away."

"Do you think I should go home?" I asked anxiously, completely puzzled about what to do.

"Personally, if I was in your situation I would try and sort it out so you can move on and focus on the future, not dwell on the past." He said truthfully as he spoke a wide smile appeared on my face realising his words spoke the truth.

Of course, I still loved Brad and saw my future with him. Therefore, we needed to fix this hitch and start off fresh, before it is all too late.

"I need to book a train, I'm coming home!" I whistled loudly, dragging my lethargic butt off the char and upstairs.

After a refreshing shower and change of clothing, the anxiety that enveloped before had lifted off my skin, now I was excited to go home. I swiftly braided my hair behind my neckline and left my face bare.

"Alex booked your train, it's in an hour!" A voice called, my eyes diverted up to see my mum at the door.

"Are you happy with my decision to go back to Brad?" I questioned curiously.

"It's your life." She replied, monotoned. "I can't exactly control you nor tell you what to do, but if it was me I wouldn't run back-"

"I believe this love is worth fighting for."my throat constricted at her words.

"It's only a teenage love affair." My throat constricted at her words. I couldn't believe she would say that, especially after hearing and seeing the state I was over him. Her eyes widen with regret when she saw my hurt-stricken face. "I-I'm so sorry, Summer, I didn't mean to say tha-"

"You don't understand therefore you can't express you opinions."

"I didn't mean for it to come out like that." She shook her head in denial. She swallowed, running a hand through her hair. "I meant, there may be someone else in a few years better than him."

"But right now, the person I want is Brad-" I said in grimace. "My stupid teenage love affair boyfriend." She avoided eye contact as I spat out the last sentence.

"Summer, please don't fall out with me." My mum pleaded shakily. "Let me give you a ride to the train station-"

"Um, okay." I uttered, flattening my untamed hair and deciding that I shouldn't carrying on getting frustrated at my mum.

"I'll be outside, waiting." She informed, allowing me time to zip up my suitcase and double check I had everything.

10 minutes later, I dragged the suitcase down the stairs and said goodbye to my step sisters and step father before proceeding outside.

The frigid air swarmed inside once I swung the door open,the coldness on my face felt alarming and refreshing. I looked up a fraction at the sky and shut my eyes tightly.

Please everything be okay.

"Hurry up Summer!" My mum shrieked impatiently. Sighing, I placed the suitcase in the boot and joined her in the passenger seat.

"If I've left anything, either send it or I'll come and get it in a month or so." I announced wisely as the engine began.

"So, you'll be visiting again?"

"Of course." I said as I dragged my legs up to my chin. "

"I'll look forward to it!"

"Or maybe sooner." I said burying my face in my knees. My mum obviously noticed my action and something that resembled concern flashed across her eyes.

"Everything happens for a reason." She said softly, placing her hand on my knee and smiled.

"What if he's already moved on?" I questioned anxiously.

"Why don't you give him a call?" She questioned back. "Saying you need to talk-"

"I think you're right." I gasped, grabbing my phone and dialling the only number I knew off by heart.

It rung, and rung, and rung.

The person you are calling is unable to take your call at the moment, leave a message after the beep.

"Hi Brad, it's Summer. I think it's time we talked and attempted to sort this all out, so if you give me a call back I would appreciate it. But then again, if you don't want to sort this out then I don't bother-"

Please excuse any spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.

And remember to comment, vote & share

Love you all x