But Not In The Right Way

"What?" I nearly choked.

"Fuck, that was a terrible idea, why did I say that?" Jack stuttered.

I could feel my face going bright red, and I looked down, trying to hide it. "I-I don't-what?"

Jack moved as though to get up. "I'm so sorry, I've probably ruined everything. I'll just...go."

"No! Don't go!" I half-yelled, startling him.

"Wait, why?" he asked, obviously uncomfortable.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "You haven't ruined anything. If anything, now I want you around even more."

He stared at me like I was crazy. "But I'm so awkward, I can't even flirt right."

I smiled. "I can't flirt any better than that, to be honest."

"You're an angel," he said, and I blushed even harder.

"Can I make things awkward again?" I asked.

"Depends on what you say," he said.

"Are you interested in me?"

"Yes, I am," he immediately replied. "Are you?"

"I...don't know," I said. "You make me so confused, and I want to say I'm into you, but I have no clue what it's like, you know?"

"I totally get that," said Jack. He leaned back into the light blue sofa, and I followed his example, putting my arm around him.

"We could try it out for a bit, and see how it works," I suggested.

He nodded. "We could."

"So are we a couple now?" I joked.

"I don't know. When I get home maybe I'll masturbate to the idea," he joked right back.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He stayed for another half hour or so, only leaving at about six when he realized his parents were probably making dinner and expecting him home.

My mom got home shortly after he left, but I was too euphoric to care much. I helped with the chores without complaining, and whenever I felt like complaining, I just thought of Jack and suddenly the urge was gone.

I slept decently and woke up the next morning feeling okay, and praying all my friends were at school that day so I could brag to them.

Vic showed up to the bus stop out of breath, like always. "You look happy."

"That's because I am," I said. "I think Jack wants to date me."

"Dude, that's awesome!" he said, clapping me on the shoulder. "Are you into him?"

"No idea, but he's a really cool guy." The bus pulled up, and Vic went to go sit by Kellin, leaving me to sit in the back, alone with my thoughts.

Was I into Jack? I mean, he's really hot, and he has a great personality, and I have great respect for anyone who can just casually reference masturbating in the middle of a conversation.

The real question is, was I into penis?

Yes.

Oh god. I was into Jack. Like, I didn't want to fuck him that instant, but I wanted to date him. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

What if he's not actually into me?

Why do I torture myself in this way?

I mulled over Jack until the bus arrived at school. Even when it stopped, I couldn't take my mind off him. I was so caught up in my own head I almost ran straight into someone on my way to the lunch area.

"Oh my god, sorry!" I said to the guy I'd almost walked into.

"It's fine," he said, and I recognized him as the guy from the locker room the day before, the one who'd gotten Luke and Calum in trouble. "Hey, what's your name?"

"Alex." I offered my hand, and he shook it. "Thanks for yesterday, by the way."

He smiled. "Anytime. I'm Ashton."

"Nice to meet you," I said. "Well, I'll see you in seventh period, I guess."

"You too," said Ashton, and he walked away. I made my way to the lunch area, where Rian usually hung out before school started. I prayed he'd be there.

My prayers were answered. Rian was sitting at one of the benches, alone. I walked up to him. "Hey."

"Hey," he said flatly, looking down.

I slid into the bench, next to him. "How are you doing?"

"Not very good. I'm still worried about CC." He looked up at me, and I could see bags under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept in a while.

"With good reason," I said. "If you need to talk, I don't really have a life. I'm always here."

Rian made an attempt to smile. "Thanks."

*****AUTHOR'S NOTE*****

I know I said I hate 5SOS, but Ashton played drums on a song on Andy Biersack's solo album, so he can't be that bad.