Chapter 1

Castiel, angel of Thurday, standing awkwardly in front of his new home. His vessel, Jimmy Novak, was a 15 year old boy, still in high school. Heaven's superiors wanted to try to understand humans after God commanded them to love humans more than he himself. So, of course, they sent their best angel on the mission, Castiel. Never straying from an order, never harboring any doubts, never questioning anything, he was the ideal angel. Also, it seemed to him that he was the only angel who liked humans for who they were. He admired their emotions, personalities, and the fact that each one was unique in their own special way.

They wanted him to understand humans, so to them, it seemed the best place would be a high school. At this general stage of life, they were supposed to choose their paths in life, a crucial step for most.

However, in order to understand humans, Castiel was given emotions. None of them were enjoyable. When he first tripped on his vessel's trenchcoat, pain. When he realized that there was no one he knew to help him, an empty feeling inside he assumed was loneliness. But, most of all, he felt confusion. How can people make the right decision without guidance? Surely someone must tell them what to do. And where there was confusion, there was doubt. What should he do?

Someone answered the door, and smiled as soon as she saw him.

"Castiel you're here! Welcome to our house!"

He almost fell over from how enthusiastic the young girl's hug seemed to be. He patted her back awkwardly and said, "Are you Anna? Where is everyone else?"

"We're having dinner right now, and um, sorry, for.. that. Come in." He saw an awkward smile on her face before she left quickly. Castiel followed her, unsure of what to do once he was invited inside.

The rest of the evening went by in a blur, considering how he barely talked and was simply enjoying the wonderful taste of food. Enjoyment was a good feeling, and he loved it, just as much as he loved the half-eaten peanut butter jelly sandwich sitting on his plate. If there was more food like this here, he's glad he won't have to leave anytime soon.

As Castiel lay in bed waiting for the next day, he wondered if tomorrow will be as strange as today.