Chapter 2

Frankly, Dean was a bit nervous about his first day at Northview High.
A wave of relief washed over him when he saw a head of flaming red hair across the room. He took a seat next to Charlie, with whom he'd been friends with since 5th grade.
She and Dean went together perfectly, both of them being extreme dorks. As they talked about their summers, he suddenly noticed that the whole class fell silent, all of their eyes pinpointed on one person standing in the doorway of the classroom. He soon started to stare as well after seeing the guy in question. He was kinda hot- Dean Winchester was not gay. Dean Winchester was straight as a ruler. He was good looking. His blue eyes darted across the room as he scanned his surroundings before settling on- oh god, he was heading towards him, don't panic, stay calm, stay calm. In all of his surprise, he hadn't realized the only open seat was next to him. The boy flashed a smile before his face was filled with confusion. "Is there something on my face?" Dean, why did he have to be so ignorant? He had been staring. He shook his head and mouthed a small no before roll call started. After hearing the usual names, the teacher called up the boy.
"My name's Castiel, er.. Castiel Novak."
He stiffly walked back to his seat, before waving a hand in front of his face.
"Is something wrong?"
Shoot, he had been staring. Again.
"Hey, I'm Dean, do you mind if I just call you Cas?"
Castiel said with a smile, "That would be fine. No one's ever called me that before."
"Do we have any of the same classes together? I'm pretty sure I'll get lost in this school, and I could use a little help."
Castiel squinted at the tiny font on his schedule. "It appears to be that we have all of our classes together, except for 1st period, when I have Biology." Why was this guy so nervous? Most of the time, people wanted to talk to Dean, while this guy seemed to be trying to avoid any contact with anyone. Was he homeschooled or something?
"Cool. See you around, Cas."
Dean looked up from his thoughts to see the back of Cas, before realizing that he had to rush to 1st period.