Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where do I add the #KISAwards2017 tag?

On mobile app: Go to Create >> Select story >> Story Settings >> Tags >> Add More

On web: Go to My Works >> Edit >> Tags >> Save

Q: How can I qualify for all of the awards?  Register each of your stories through the Google Form linked on the profile. Add the #KISAwards2017 tag to your story.

Q: Are LGBT+ romance stories allowed? Of course! Love is Love! Stories of all backgrounds and sexuality are welcomed.

Q: How can I confirm that I entered?  To keep track of all the entrants, search for the #KISAwards2017 tag or visit the tag page: https://www.wattpad.com/tags/KISAwards2017

Q: How many stories can I enter?  As many as you'd like.

Q: Does the story need to be complete?  We accept ongoing, serialized, and complete stories for the KIS Awards. The story must have at least 3 chapters to qualify.

Q: Is KIS Awards only for teens?  KIS Awards is only for ages 17+, due to the use of mature content.

Q: I would like to be a judge. How do I sign up? Message (PM) the KIS Awards profile expressing your interest and confirming your availability. Remember, judges have a time commitment to read and score entries by deadline. Please visit the "So you Wanna be a Judge" page of this book for more information.

Q: Can I enter a story with mature themes?  Yes, you can. We accept stories of any rating, as long as they don't violate Wattpad's terms.

Q: My story is Featured. Am I still allowed to enter?  Yes, you can enter a featured story.

Q: What about Fanfic and other categories? Unfortunately the KIS Awards cannot take Fanfiction at this time. It's really difficult to find judges who are familiar with a particular fandom. However, short stories, oneshots, sequels, serials, co-authored stories are all welcome.

Q: How many awards can my story win? In order to celebrate as many stories as possible, there is a limit of one award per story.

Q: How are the entries going to be judged? Awards will be chosen by a team of judges and scored on plot development, character chemistry in love scenes, use of media, and romantic themes.

Q: What can I do to increase my chances of winning? There are a few things that you can do. First, add the #KISAwards2017 tag to your story. Second, tell your friends and followers that you have entered the KIS Awards. Last but not least, make sure that your story is as polished as you can make it so that it stands out for readers.

Q: Can I enter with a new story? Entries are open between now and February  28, 2017. Any stories written before that date can enter. 

Q: What if I forget to enter before the deadline, or remove a tag by accident?  Your story will be disqualified from the KIS Awards 2017.

Q: What about copyright, publishing, and entering other contests?  Your copyright will always remain yours. You can enter other contests. There are no publishing limitations. #KISAwards2017 is a fun contest meant to celebrate your amazing work and talent. 

Q: When will you announce the winners?  Winners will be announced in late April of 2017.