Chapter One

Gilbert stared at the pictures of his family pinned on his wall above he worked on his quirky inventions. He breathed in deeply, trying to decide whether he really wanted to use the machine. The machine was his life's work. His all time dream was to just travel between dimensions which kick started his hobby of inventing. He got in trouble many times by his younger brother, Ludwig, who was known for being quite austere. He believed in rules and routine while Gilbert did what he wanted and was rather random with things. One time he brought home six dogs because the local dog shelter got shut down and he felt bad. The end result was Ludwig having to be persuaded by their rich, well off friend, Roderich, who was only in Germany for vacation for he lives in Austria. Ludwig had this weakness for young pups and it was hard for him to let go of them.
Gilbert was unlike his brother and close friend. He had ashy white hair and pinkish red eyes, unusually pale skin, and was extremely loud, off topic man but was known to be very serious when he chooses to be. He was very dedicated to the creation of the time traveling machine but now it was real and he had to execute it correctly. If he did it wrong, he could get stuck in whatever the machine decides to put him. He sighed and grabbed the machine, setting a timer of 10 seconds. Gilbert held it in his hands tightly, practically shaking. As five seconds were left, the garage door opened. Gilbert jumped and shoved the machine into the desk drawer.
"Gil?"