Chapter 2: Party Time!

Adriana’s POV

I pace around my room nervously. ‘ I hope everyone enjoys our party.’ I thought to myself. I take one more look around at our house and watch as everyone help put up the decorations. Many people volunteered to help out with the decorations and I couldn’t imagine how to thank them well enough.

            Spencer came up behind me with Valerie close up behind. I rolled my eyes as he led them towards his room. I knew exactly what they were up to. But seriously, it was only two hours till Marcus’s and my party started. I let out groan of frustration and knew that I just had to forget about them. I ran up to my bedroom and looked for the party dress that my mother had bought me. My mom always had a good sense in fashion and I always would let her help me pick my clothes out.

            I pulled out the most beautiful dress that I have ever seen. My eyes shined with happiness. I went into the bathroom and slipped it on. Like every girl I look at myself in the mirror to see if everything fit perfectly, and trust me it did. I looked at my black dress. It was a pure black one strap dress with a loose ruffles coming down at the shoulder strap. It was tight in every part of my body which showed each and every one of my curves. I gave myself one last glance until my friend Valerie bursted through.

              She looked at me once and squealed. She started to jump up and down and examined me once more. “Adriana! Your dress is perfect! Wait one sec. I’m going to call your mother up here!” Valerie says. Before I have time to protest she runs out of the bathroom and down the stairs calling for my mother. I closed the bathroom door once more and grabbed my curling iron. My hair was naturally straight with a bit of waves and I decided that today I would curl it and make it have more waves. As I pick up the curling iron my mother opened the door and looked at me with pride in her eyes.

            “My little girl is growing up!” My mother said, her voice full of emotion. “Oh mother I will always be your little girl!” I reassured my mother. She wiped a tear from her face and looked at me once more. “Here darling I will help you apply on your make-up.” My mother volunteered. I sat down on the bathroom chair we had on in there and waited patiently as my mother began to help put on my make-up.

“Alright sweetie, you can look in the mirror now if you’d like.” My mother said happily. I got up and walked towards the mirror and stared at my reflection. I saw that my mother had done a fantastic job and ran right over to her so that I could give her a hug. “Thanks mom! It’s perfect!” I said happily. “Ohhh honey you look absolutely marvelous. I kept you make- up simple so that you would be able to show people your true beauty.” My mother informed me. She stopped and looked at her watch and gasped. “What’s wrong mother?!” I asked in a panicked voice.

“Your party starts in 10 minutes! Looks like I better get going. Your father and I must leave to that meeting already in Houston. Good-bye Adriana, take care of your brother. We left some money on our bedroom drawer. Have a fantastic party!” My mother said as she began to go down the stairs and into the front yard. I watched as she left and remembered how she needed to leave with my father for the whole weekend. They wouldn’t be back till Tuesday.

       I closed the door and nearly almost tripped as my brother ran into me. He saw that out parents left and gave me a smirk. “Yes! Finally! Get ready lil sis! Your 18th birthday party is going to be epic!” Spencer said as he started to pump up his fist in the air. I of course ignored him and waited for the people to arrive, and soon enough they did. The first people here of course were my friends. James was the first to come up and hug me. He too had a strong grip.