Zoe

We got to my Aunt's house after our little car tour of Brighton. Her house was actually quit large considering it was only her who lived there. Her house looked very British and I found myself loving. 

"Just set your stuff right by the door when you get inside. I'll be in in a second," my Aunt said as Fleur and I got out of the car lugging our bags behind us. The door was unlocked. Inside was actually a very nice house. 

The walls were white and covered with photos of loads of people I didn't recognise and some that I actually did. It was decorated tastefully and I found myself falling even in more love with the inside of the house than the outside. 

We followed my aunt's directions and set our stuff by a white couch right inside. I glanced outside and saw my aunt talking to someone on the phone. She looked like she was shouting. I was trying to think who it could be, but my mind came up blank. 

"Want to go exploring?" Fleur asked setting down her purse on the couch as well. Fleur was always the adventurous one. She didn't care about rules and wasn't afraid of people in trouble. I was. 

"What if we're not allowed," I whined standing the corner. 

"Oh come on you big baby," she said with a smile grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hallway. The house actually was gigantic though. There were four doors on each side of the hallway and I so desperately wanted to go in all of them but I was still afraid of getting trouble. 

"Fleur," I whined again as she opened the door at the end. She walked in a yelped, I ran to her to see why she had made that terrible noise. Sitting in front of Fleur were about 5 cats. One was white and fluffy, another was an orange tabby cat. The rest were either black or multi-coloured. 

"Oh my gosh, they're so cute," I said kneeling next to them and petting them one by one. 

"They scared me!" Fleur said shooting them a nasty look. 

"Who's the big baby now?" I said giggling. 

"Girls? Where are you?" Aunt Sally called down the hallway. 

"With the cats," I said continuing to stroke them. I heard the clicking of my aunt's heels on the hardwood floor before she was standing at the door. 

"I see you found the cats," she said with a warm smile. She then proceded to tell us all about her cats and we found out she actually had 10 cats. She told us all their names and what they were like. I think I almost fell asleep. "You girls should go hang out at the pier before it gets too dark. Loads of people your age are probably there right now."

"Huh?" I said looking up, I guess I actually had fallen asleep for a brief moment. 

"We'll go right now!" Fleur said standing up and grabbing my arm, she led me out of the cat room and down the hallway back into the living room. She then grabbed her purse and handed me mine. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as she led me out of the house and we started walking down the pavement. 

"We're going to the pier. Also, I needed to get away from all that cat talk," she said with a giggle. I laughed too as Fleur and I continued to walk towards the pier. 

My aunt lived close to everything it seemed. We were within sight of the pier in only five minutes. It sure was crowded just like she had said. Everywhere I looked there was some other person our age. 

"So what do you want to do?"  Fleur asked looking around at all the different games and food stands and such. 

"Can we go look at the sunset? Where it's quieter?" I asked motioning towards the beach underneath the pier. I was getting a tad claustrophobic up aroun everyone. 

"Sure," Fleur said with a smile. This time I led the way as we walked down onto the beach. I tugged off my shoes and slipped out of socks letting my feet touch the warm sand. It was actually a surprisingly nice day for us being in England and all. 

I started to walk up and down the beach. Fleur following me. The sun was so pretty as it was setting down behind the clouds. I wasn't really looking where I was going when I bumped into someone. 

"Oh I'm so sor-" I looked up and saw maybe the hottest guy I had ever seen before, possibly hotter than Troye. 

"No worries," the boy said with a smile. "You're American aren't you?" he asked, his eyes twinkling in the fading light. 

"No I'm Zoe," I said slowly just looking in his eyes. 

"Yes we're American," Fleur said bumping me back into concious. "We're here for the summer," she added running a hand through her hair. 

"Nice to meet you Zoe and," he said looking towards my blonde companion. 

"Fleur," she said with a giggle. My cheeks at this point were a bright crimson. 

"Well it was nice to meet you Zoe and Fleur," he said smiling yet again. "I'm Jim." Jim, the name just kept cycling its way through my head on a loop, his name was Jim. I had to remember that one. "Alfie mate come on, we have to go!" Jim said shouting towards the left. 

"Coming," a voice with a bit of a slur said. A very tall boy with messy brown hair came running out from under the dock. He was not cute at all. He looked kind of nerdy and lame actually. 

"Bye Fleur, bye Zoe!" Jim said with another grin before turning with Alfie and walking off the beach. My eyes followed them the entire time. 

"He. Was. So. Hot," I said still stunned. I turned to look at Fleur who was beaming ear to ear. 

"Ya he was," she said running her hands through her hair again. That was her one nervous habit. 

"Forget Troye," I said with a giggle. 

"Totally," Fleur said grabbing my hand. We skipped together down the beach in the very dark light. This summer might end up to be good after all. 

xxx