Prologue.

Simon loved school. Not because of the work, hell no. Simon loved the social side of school. He loved seeing his six friends on a daily basis, he loved having something to do with his day, he loved the memories he was making as him and his friends laugh loudly at something stupid that Jace was doing.

Simon Lewis wasn't very popular. However he wasn't very lonely. He had a good few close friends and that was all he needed. Clary, Izzy, Alec, Jace, Lydia and Magnus. Magnus was part of the group, however he wasn't at the same time. Everyone knew he mostly hung around with that group because of Alec. However when Magnus isn't with them he's with Raphael, Ragnor and Catarina.

While Simon felt loved and included with the group he couldn't help but feel like an outsider sometimes. Everyone in the group had someone (whether it was worded or not). Izzy and Clary had each other, Magnus and Alec had each other and Jace and Lydia had each other. Simon knew he was Clary's best friend however what she has with Izzy is something different. Something Simon craves to have with some one.

Simon wouldn't class himself as desperate for a relationship, he's just starting to get bored of wanting and waiting around for that someone special, while all his friends had clearly found it already, even if they hadn't made it official. Contradictory to this, Simon refused to date anyone. He was dedicating himself to music and drama. He couldn't let anyone get in the way of his future.

No matter how dashingly handsome and grumpy someone may be.