three.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I've done it before Kendall, I promise, we'll be perfectly fine," Barclay said as he playfully wrapped his arm around Kendall's slim shoulders. This girl was going to be an easy catch, and another one to brag about. Another card he'd snatched from a back pocket.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kendall, however, didn't seem certain, and was grimacing as she shuffled out of Barclay's grasp, looking at him with fear in her eyes. Maddie, who was her best friend, had told her multiple times about how Barclay rated lowly in how good everyone was at, well that. She should know right, Maddie had lost her card when she was 13 and five years later had probably done everyone in their year, bar a few exceptions.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"But what if I get pregnant?" Kendall asked in a whisper, running her hand unconsciously throw her hair and her brown eyes brimming with tears of uncertainty and panic. When everyone else in her school was learning about the birds and the bees, Kendall's strict Christian parents wouldn't let her, and she'd only learnt the details from Maddie a few months before after being kept in the dark for so many years.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That's what protection is for, dumbass," Barclay replied, surprised about how innocent Kendall seemed compared to Maddie. That girl had every boy chasing her and Barclay himself had been injured in a fight with another boy, Rico, when all through the fight Maddie had been in the janitors closet having sex with Levi Miller, another boy in their year who had also happened together person that Maddie had lost her card too.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't want to Barclay, can't we just watch a film and eat popcorn. I like popcorn," she whimpered and the boy could only sigh in reply.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I thought you'd be game Kendall, but it seems that instead you're just a big pussy." He grabbed the remote that was lying next to her and threw it across the room, with surprising accuracy, landing in the goldfish bowl and sparkling out along side the now dead goldfish.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Shut up," she whispered, using the back of her palm to rub the tears that were ready to fall from her eyes. When she'd imagined her first time, after Maddie had explained everything to her, she'd imagined it all being romantic, as well as her first kiss which for unfortunate Kendall was yet to happen as well. She'd thought of rose petals and a truly loving boyfriend, not Barclay in the middle of his parents house whilst they were away for the weekend and an empty bowl of popcorn in front of the sofa where all of the action happened.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No. You know Kendall. I'm done with you, leave," he snapped, flicking his head melodramatically away from Kendall and running a hand through his messy brown hair. Maddie had been good, and he'd expected that the popular brunette would have taught everything she knew to Kendall.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She bit on her lip as she watch Barclay before calmly opening her mouth to speak. "Barclay? Do you wanna watch a film? We can cuddle and maybe you can grant me a prize of my first kiss?" Kendall's voice was quiet and her eyes with big, protruding with innocence.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I thought you'd kissed Maddie before?" he remarked, appealing slightly to the idea as he turned around to face Kendall again. She was hot, and maybe, in his head, he would wait a little before he slipped the slim girl under the covers.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That was just a rumour," Kendall said, rolling her eyes at the outrageous rumour. If there was anything Kendall wasnt in the world, it was certainly not a lesbian. Her parents had taught her to look down on people like that, gay I mean, and many people had called her homophobic before, something which hurt Kendall but she decided she couldn't do much about.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"A very evidence backed up rumour Miss Vertes," Barclay said with a sly smile, slipping into the couch next to Kendall and wrapping his arm around her again, using his other hand to brandish a remote out from underneath the couch.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I thought? In the fish bowl?" she asked, looking at the brunette boy with a raised eyebrow, confused.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That was the spare. We can use both. Because of my little sister there are a multitude of spare remotes in the cupboard just in case she breaks it. Now, back to the film?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That would definitely be delightful," Kendall replied, her pink lips spreading into a beautiful smile. The closer she was to Barclay the further his flaws seemed to sink into his skin, hiding themselves from the naked eye as they did so.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It didn't take long until his arm tightened around her neck and she pulled her closer, pressing his lips gently against hers. Usually he'd go straight in, tonsil tennis being played, however, with Kendall, he wanted to be gentler. This was her first kiss after all, and Barclay wanted to make it memorable.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Barclay," she whispered, lips pressed against his. He was breathing heavy and every time he exhaled she felt a rush of air against her lips. "Are you okay, that's a very heavy breath you have. You aught to take a rest."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm fine. And aught? Who uses that granny word anymore," he chuckled, but Kendall could see his face slowly growing crimson and she could sense the pain blossoming inside Barclay. This wasn't normal and although Kendall wasn't that familiar with things considered normal, his certainly wasn't.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was then that he screamed, clutching at Kendall as the brunette Spring backwards, tears of panic in her eyes. His face was red and his eyes had become suddenly bloodshot. This was a medical emergency and Kendall needed to be sensible and rational now.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The screaming was so loud, and a passer by would've been unable to distinguish the screams of pain from an ailing Barclay and screams of fear from a fleeing Kendall, they were so similar. She was gone, without a second care for him and without knowing that her best friend was dead.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He was dead within the hour.