Getting Into Trouble

Marinette was gone longer than she had hoped. She had to slip down the stairs, past her parents, and into the bakery without making enough noise to wake anyone. That hadn't posed much of a problem, aside from the fact that she was moving slowly. What had caused her some trouble was finding a snack for her and chat that wouldn't be sold in the bakery the next day.

It took her a few minutes, but she did come up with some slightly stale macaroons and some leftover chocolate muffins from her breakfast the day before. And once she found that much, she began to tread up the stairs once again. She paused outside her door not making a sound, because she could hear rustling papers and a drawer closing from inside.

"Chat... Can I help you?" she asked upon walking in. He looked up suddenly, eyes wide and both hands behind his back. Suspicious. The drawer behind him had a few papers that stopped it from completely closing.

"Merde," he sighed. "It's just that you had left and I found myself bored... And I saw a paper sticking out of the drawer! I was confused and looked at it, and I found this." In his hand, he held one of the many pictures of Adrien that had once graced her walls. Now it was her time to sigh.

"You nosy cat." She muttered, and laid down on her bed, accepting defeat. "Don't you have any manners at all?" Chat Noir smirked at that and shook his head before laying down beside her.

She tried very hard to not notice how close their bodies were, and decided to focus on her annoyance with him instead. "None at all. But, if you don't mind me asking, who is this handsome young man you have stuffed in your desk drawers?" His smirk had grown larger, as he passed her the picture.

She answered him briskly. "Nobody of consequence. And anyway, now you've shown me that you are not to be trusted, it would be in my best interest to kick you out this moment." Taking one of her pillows off the bed, she began lightly whacking the superhero on the stomach. But rather than causing him to duck for cover or leave her alone like she had hoped, he began to laugh. Laugh at her! This was beyond frustrating, and she sat back down in a huff. 

They sat in silence for a good minute or so before chat got up and opened the drawer again, taking out ten similar pictures with him. "Nobody of consequence, huh?" He moved even closer to Marinette and raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay, so maybe it was a minor crush, but I don't see why you're making a big deal of this." She paused to look at him. "And could you put those down?" 

"Do I spot kiss marks on these? And is this a picture of a just a bare torso? Gosh, Marinette. I didn't know that you thought so highly of me."

He realized his mistake before she could even process it. And before she had the chance to say anything, he began talking again. At an even faster pace, running his words together into strings of incomprehensible blabber. "But enough of that, I like the rest of the decorations in your room. For instance, these drapes are nice? Did you make them yourself? You really are a great seamstress, Marinette." Then picking up some framed pictures off her desk, "Oh. And are these your friends? They look like nice people..."

Marinette was having a hard time following the conversation, as she watched Chat pace back and forth. "Chat? Are you okay?" He whirled around and sighed.

 "Yes, sorry about that." He smiled and sat back down onto the bed, giving her a chaste kiss on the cheek before speaking again. "Though I should really go now. You know, superhero stuff." 

And then he was gone.

--------------------------

She had to have heard him wrong. 

Before he started spurting absolute nonsense about her decorations, she was fairly certain that she heard him say "me" when referring to the picture. She didn't mean to dwell on it, but the more Marinette began to think on the matter, the more it made sense.

The same blonde hair, lame jokes, and kind smiles. It was as if she had finally wiped the dust off her glasses, because everything was so clear. Obviously, he didn't mean for her to know, because as soon as he had said it, he started to speak faster and louder. As if his new words could distract her from the important ones.

That was completely his fault.

So bros: It's been a while. But, I have a plan to stop me from waiting so long next time. My idea is that I will have a person, or a few people to contact through messages. These people can remind me to write, give me ideas, and that I can send rough drafts to before I publish them so I get feedback and so somebody can help me get rid of any spelling or grammar errors. If you're interested, just write me. Love you guys