Chapter One

[Selena's POV]

[Selena's POV]

Tearing my eyes away from the book I was currently invested in at the moment, I turn my gaze out the plane window. The clouds slowly drifted by and reminding me of cotton candy on how they looked so fluffy. A small smile tugs on the corners of my mouth.

My mind drifts off to somewhere else while I continue to watch the clouds go by.

The Ferris wheel comes to a halt to let people get off and get on. Thanks to our luck we had gotten stopped at the very top. We could see the whole carnival from up here and further on. The view was amazing. Beautiful, in fact.

I look up at the sky to see it filled with large, fluffy clouds. "The clouds remind me of cotton candy," I say, looking at each individual cluster of clouds to try and find any sort of shape to them.

"I think your mind just revolves around food." Justin says, his arm casually laying on the back of the seat behind me.

"No it doesn't!" I protest and swat at his shoulder. "And they really do look like big clusters of cotton candy."

"If you say so." Justin shrugs and I playfully punch him in his side this time. "You have me craving cotton candy now, thanks."

I chuckle. "Then how about we go get some once we get off the ride?" I suggest since I also had a craving for it now.

Justin nods his head as the ride begins to move again. We get brought down from the very top to the bottom and come to a stop at where we needed to get off. The person who was running the ride helps unlock are door for us to climb out of the cart. Justin climbs out first before lending me a helping hand so I could climb out with ease.

"I'll race you there!" Justin says, dashing down the ramp before I could even say anything in response.

I follow after him as he sprints off into the large sea of people. For a small carnival like this it sure did get a lot of people to come. Not that I'm complaining though. This is my favorite place to come with Justin over the summer. We've been coming here since we were little and we've came every summer after school had got let out. It's a tradition for us.

Justin vanishes out of my sight making me panic a little inside. I hated being left alone, especially in such a large crowd like this.

If I remember right, I had seen the cotton candy tent towards the entrance of the carnival. The Ferris wheel was towards the back which meant I had to run all the way up to the front. I smile to myself when I realize that Justin had ran off the wrong way. I could beat him there.

I scurry through the crowd, saying excuse me every now and then when I would almost run into someone. When I near the front I pause to take a look around for the tent. I stand up on my tiptoes to see over everyone and find the tent just a few yards away. And there was no sign of Justin, so I make a mad dash towards the tent. Right as I go to take the next place in the short line that was waiting in front of the the tent so does Justin.