Chapter Three

[Selena's POV]

[Selena's POV]

I pick up a not so heavy box from the ground that has no markings on it telling what's inside. I place it on top another box and open it up with an exacto knife, that I've been using to cut all the boxes with this morning to continue with unpacking.

I lift up the flaps of the box to reveal a bunch of my old things from high school. I don't even remember keeping any of these things. I don't even remember bringing them along with me from when I moved out from my parents to my own apartment at nineteen. It's impossible for me to have transferred my belongings from my old apartment to when I moved in with Nick.

I begin to wonder how it all got here with me. I think of all the people who helped Nick and I with packing.

Out of nowhere a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist startling me. I quickly close up the box, hoping Nick didn't notice. I turn around to face him. His eyes definitely show how tired he is and stubbles are beginning to grow out, which means he needs to shave again.

"What was in the box?" Nick asks a little too demanding even though it's morning and he's tired.

I clear my throat to make sure my voice comes out clear and audible enough. "Just a box I didn't know we brought or even had."

He nods his head and carelessly removes his arms from around me. I watch as he disappears back into the bedroom. I sigh and turn myself around to open up the box again.

I look inside and begin picking things out. So many old photographs, a set of pom poms from being on the cheerleading team for a year, awards, and even more photographs. I pull out everything and set it aside. While I'm getting to the end of the box I notice an old dusty looking box, sitting at the bottom under a scrapbook I started but never bothered to finish.

I pick up the scrapbook and set it along with the other old stuff. I look at the box and immediately recognize it.

His arm wraps around my shoulder as he pulls me in close by his side. I look up at him to see a big smile plastered onto his face. The smile on my face becomes wider just by seeing his. His head moves and I turn away to hide myself from the embarrassment of being caught. I bite my lip already knowing he noticed me.

He chuckles. "Did you enjoy the movie?" he asks, not mentioning what just happened which I'm thankful for.

"It was funny. I liked it," I respond honestly while my eyes stay focused on the ground, watching our feet.

"I liked it too," he agrees, giving me a simple answer but I don't mind at all. We stop at the front door of my house and in my mind I'm begging for him not to leave yet. I don't want this night to ever end.

We both just stand here staring at the front door awkwardly. But what are we supposed to do? Being two freshman's barely beginning puberty this is a bit awkward.