Chapter Three

Chresanto

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

I opened my eyes slightly as my vision was at an complete blur. I closed them gently as the light shines brightly in my eyes. I slowly fluttered them open again as my vision tried to focus on the object in front of me.

"Daddy!" A voiced screamed as it echoed throughout the room. The voice was like music to my ears.

He jumped on my lap and a sharp pain shot through my leg quickly spreading throughout my body as I groaned agony.

"Oh... Sorry, daddy." He said moving back some.

"Baby boy, what happened?" I asked looking at him.

"Well, the doctor said you got hit by a giant truck!" He yelled. I gasped lightly and I look down at my leg to see a cast around my left leg and left arm. I layed back down and looked at him.

"How long have I've been in here?"

"Three days sleeping the whole time!" He said knocking on the hard material of the leg cast. I've in a coma for three days?

"Does it hurt, daddy?" My son asked.

"Yeah, a little. But not as much as this!" I yelled tickling him. He laughed out loud and wiggled frantically trying to get out of my reach.

"UNCLE! UNCLE! UNCLE!" He yelled, laughing trying to push my hands away. I stopped and pulled him closer to me so his head was laying in my chest.

"Baby boy, where is mommy?" I asked.

"She's not here, she never comes. She just drops me off and leave." He said. I scoffed and I shook my head. Who did I fall in love with?

"Daddy?" He called me.

"Yes, baby boy?" I asked.

"Daddy, please don't cry. Please..." He said wiping my tears.

I didn't even notice I was crying. I looked at him and smiled weakly. He is one of the best thing that ever happened to me. I just thank God everyday for someone like him.

"Sorry, baby boy."

"Daddy, I know what will make you happy." He said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"This." He held up a game controller and passed it to me. "Playstation 3!" He yelled.

I laughed and nodded. He turned on the game and sat in my hospital bed with me. I smiled as the game came on and he jumped up and down in excitement.

Cecily

Today was my day off and I was beyond happy. I didn't have to look a man in the eye. I didn't have to be anyone fantasy. I didn't have to be treated like an object. I could finally be myself and enjoy myself. I sat up in my bed stretching my arms over my head yawning lightly. I crawled over to the remote in my bed turned on the television. The big bright words in white flashed across my screen as the words 'SONY' flashed brightly before the news popped on up with a lady in a red dress suit with a blonde bob with nice highlights and a photo of a bad car accident next to her.

"This is Nicole Parker with on channel 7 news." She smiled as the corny news theme song of dramatic music and poses of the different anchors and weather man and woman. I laughed lightly as I grabbed the bag of potato chips on my dressers munching on them lightly.