Chapter 1: The Wandering Swordsman

Lunar Eclipse P.O.V.
I  sat on a roof a hooded cloak hiding my face.

"What's a pretty girl doing up here?" The voice startles me out of my thoughts and a man carrying a sword sits next to me.

"I could ask you the same." I retort suspiciously trying to hide my initial surprise.

"I'm a wandering swordsman with no destination, and you?" He responds casually.

"Nobody." I answer curtly and get up to leave, "It's been a lovely chat, but I have someplace to be." I glance up at the sun quickly checking the time.

"Where might that be?"

I turn away hiding my smirk and answer wryly, "Nowhere." Before he can respond I jump down into the street below.

I catch a glimpse of the swordsman out of the corner of my eye standing and watching me. I quickly notice how late it is and pick up my pace tripping over a kid. I ignore it and keep going. A cold presence sends a chill down my spine, and I put my hand on the dagger clipped in my belt.

Swordsman P.O.V.
She jumps off the roof and lands lightly in the street bellow with a grace thats beyond any human. "Heh."

She trips over the kid clearly in a hurry and keeps moving. I laugh coldly to myself as she fails to notice when it changes into a shadow and kicks her square in the back. It sends her sprawling with a surprised "Oomph!" To my surprise she gets up with an inhuman speed and twirls around her cape whooshing behind her. She stabs the shadow in the chest; with a dagger I hadn't known she possessed. The shadow cuts in half and reforms into a dog. I smirk as she backs up and charges a shadow ball. The dog charges and springs clamping its jaws onto her hand; blowing up the shadow ball and leaving them both several feet away from each other. She clutches her bloody hand as she stands up again and looks at the sun. The dog flies backwards as her eyes and rings glow. She can use psychic? The dog growls and gets back up and yet again gets blown backwards by the invisible force. I grit my teeth together and sigh. Now I have to interfere. Before she can throw the dog again I appear behind her send by blade across her back it whistles through the air with the speed of my swing, and her whole spine caves inwards before she collapses on the ground with a yowl.

Lunar Eclipse P.O.V.
My eyes widen and a shockwave of pain ripples up my entire back sending me down with a howl. I roll back into a crouch quickly holding by dagger again, and facing my attacker. Its the swordsman from the roof before his looks completely change.

He grins, "I'm a wanderer." And I fling a dark pulse at him and take off for the woods.

Swordsman P.O.V.
I scuff and slice the dark pulse in half and watch her go. She quickly disappears out of sight leaving behind a large trail of blood.

Lunar Eclipse P.O.V.
I head deep into the woods and accidentally bump into a guy. I attempt to roll back onto my feet and start running again but he tackles me the the ground.

"Hey! Stop and apologize!" He shouts indignantly.

I writher out of his grip and take off into the woods again leaving him to shout at my backside. I look up at the sun through the trees and it fades to black and starts to drip down onto everything hissing and crackling like a fire. Damnit I can't be hallucinating now. I kneel in the grass attempting to block it out but it keeps heading toward me and right before the strange lava touches me it bursts upwards and disappears from sight. I close my eyes and teleport farther into the woods, but the sun is still gone.

"I'm a wanderer without a destination." Echoes through the woods and I hold my dagger close to my chest; still kneeling on the ground.

The same fraise repeats itself slower and I clench my eyes shut trying to block it out. When I open my eyes I'm running on the roof I first saw the swordsman racing him across the rooftops. My feet stumble and I trip yelping.

He stops beside me and reaches his hand out, "I'm a wanderer without a destination."

I don't take his hand and his eyes fade to black and start to bleed. I leap backwards yelping fearfully.

Lightning flashes overhead and I'm on a tree branch high in the canopy. Rain pounds through the canopy but it's relatively dry on the branch. Everything darkens as the Lightning fades away and thunder rumbles overhead. It's night? But I'm not an Umbreon? The swordsman from before walks into view and lights a fire on the thick wet branch and cooks over the fire. I stand up warily but he doesn't see me. This is a dream. The realization strikes me with another flash of lightnigh overhead.

He goes over to a hammock and I feel a hand on my shoulder and a voice murmur, "Wake up Lunar you haven't had dinner yet."

I snap awake and jerk upwards with a yelp.