Chapter 3: Remembering

Lunar P.O.V.
I wake up to the smell of food and look over Suzuka looks back at me from the fire, "Good morning Lunar."

I yawn and stretch like a cat arching my back sniffing at the food hungrily, "Morning." I mumble.

He hands me a bowl of soup and I sniff it curiously, "You made this?" He nods, "It smells wonderful and it tastes wonderful too. Where did you learn to cook?" I ask through a mouthful of food.

"I'm a wanderer I've picked up a few things."

I look at the sky as I eat, "The rains stopped it looks like it will be clear for a while."

"Yeah." He says looking away and not really paying attention.

"Do you know where we are going?" I ask hiding a bit of frustration.

"West to Mombasa." He replies without looking.

"Alright." I say finishing up my soup, "Have you already eaten?"

He looks at me out of the corner of his eye. "Yes I have."

"Shall we go?"

"Yup." He doesn't move.

"Umm... Perhaps you should lead the way." I ask looking at him pointedly.

"Your forgetting your twin duel blades." He points to a pair of swords leaning on a branch, "Your sun and moon blades."

"Oh!" I get up quickly and retrieve them embarrassed, I clip them across my back, the two opposite blades shining differently in the light. The first blade a, navy blue and silver, made of moonstone and engraved with moons and stars on the silver leather gripped pommel. The second, a shimmering orange and gold, made of sunstone and engraved with the sun on its golden pommel. "Lead the way."

His lips tug upwards into a smile, "Heh." Then he jumps off the branch and lands lightly on the ground far below.

He grins up at me and hold his arms out. I hesitate for a moment and then without thinking I jump down. The wind whooshes through my ears for a moment before his arms surprisingly enough catches me. Not even struggling. He sits me down.

"How far away from Mombasa?" I say keeping my thought on track, but despite myself they wander and I feel myself starring and shrinking away shyly. I put up my hood do clear my head.

"A few miles."

"Good we can make it today." I say curtly distancing myself from my thoughts.

He nods and starts walking. We walk silently for a little while until a thought strikes me, "Why are we heading to Mombasa?" I ask suddenly, turning to Suzuka.

"To get some under armor to hide under your clothes." He answers.

I cock my head and reply slowly, "But I don't wear armor? It constricts movement and slows you down."

"This armor is made of a different metal. It weighs less than a 2x4, and is stronger than other metal." He says in almost a rehearsed way and I get a feeling of deja vu.

"I feel like we've had this conversation before."

"Yeah," he says, "Before you went to sleep."

"I'm starting to understand why I didn't want to sleep." He looks at me curiously and I continue, "I have a strange nightmare then I wake up and forget the last few moons."

"I've noticed." He looks ahead again and I bite my lip to hide my irritation.

He turns around suddenly surprising me and steps incredibly close lingering there for a moment. Then he raps her arms around my lower back and pulls me lower into a kiss. Before I have a change to react he takes my hand and walks ahead again and I'm dragged along starring dumbly. He turns back and chuckles at my facial expression. A smile tugs at the corner of his lips as we continue walking; while I just continuing starting like an idiot with the feeling of his kiss still imprinted in my brain.

As I walk with my hand still in his we come across an abandoned stronghold, covered moss and weathered with age. My eyes widen in shock and suddenly I realize where I'm at. How in the world did I get so far from home?! I'm in the wrong kingdom! No wonder the king is after me! A dead human possessed by a shadow comes out and Suzuka pulls his sword out with his free hand pulling me behind his back with his other. I quickly grab my dagger and throw it around Suzuka's shoulder embedding it in the creatures shoulder. It howls and lurches backwards. Suzuka swings his sword and takes it head off.

I frown distractedly and take my dagger out of the creatures shoulder, "I remember what I'm doing here now."