Vikkstar #1

-Y/N Pov-

My heart was racing, faster than the speed of light as I woke up in a cold sweat.

For the past week, sleep has been hard for me to get with the overwhelming stress uni has put on me, but every time I did get sleep, I had nightmares haunting me.

I tried pulling myself together but nothing was helping the fear that was suffocating my thoughts.

I pulled my phone from the side of my bed and typed the first number I knew, calling by best friend Vikk.

He was the only one to calm me down. It rang only two times before he answered. "Hey Y/N? What are you doing up?" He asked, still fully awake from playing video games.

"I h-had a n-nightmare." I studdered, holding the phone as close as I could.

"I will be there in 5 minutes." He said, quickly ending the call, leaving me to sit in silence.

The quietness of the room was violent, as if it was shouting at me to do something and my mind was too conflicted with the stress.

I heard the door open, the slam of keys hit a table downstairs and Vikk emerge from my door.

He rushed to my side, cradling me in his embrace, letting me soak his shirt in tears. He stayed silent, not even asking me what happened, allowing me to calm myself down before explaining.

He held me close, making sure I knew he was there, knowing he would never let go. "Y/N." He muttered into my messy bedhead hair.

I forced the tears to stop, looking up at his calming dark eyes, causing him to wipe away the tears off my face with his thumb.

"Just look at me." He said calmly. "It is fine. It was just a dream."

I nodded slowly, lowering my head down to see my knees. "It was one of my worst."

"What happened?" He asked. "Telling someone might help you feel better."

"It was losing everyone. Person by person by not succeeding in life. Then you left, being the most harsh and cold one. Then an accident happened and you got hurt. You didn't even want to see me." I whimpered, feeling the pain come back.

He pulled me into a tight hug. "That will never happen. You will never lose me. Nothing in the world can change that." He whsipered.

"But in the dream you said the same thing." I cried into his shoulder.

He pulled away, looking me in my eyes, and getting lost. "It will never happen in reality." He whispered. "You know why?"

I tilted my head at him. "Why?"

The space between the both of us was filled by Vikk leaning into a kiss, touching my lips and making my nerves and fears extinguish in less than a second.

I was at first stunned by his sudden burst of affection, but it was what I didn't realizing I have been needing from him.

After so many years of being friends, it never came across for either of us to have feelings for each other. My emotions were very hidden and buried, and Vikk dug it out for me making my heart flutter.

He pulled away, laying his forehead on mine. "Because I love you too much to hurt you." He said, eyes still closed, fearing my words.

I stayed silent, speechless. Words kept forming, but they never came out, the walls still shouted at me to do something.

I leaned back in, kissing him back. His arms held me closer to him, making the fabrics in our shirts to stick together with the static feeling they had. I pulled away, smiling gently.

"Vikram Barn." I laughed gently. "I can't hurt you either."

I could see his cheeks blush. "Y/N. I have been holding that in for years."

"Was it worth the wait?"

He nodded. "Your always worth it."

÷A/N÷

I am too tired to finish my signoff.

-TheBaconist